HandCuffs (DUPLICATE of Gagged and Bound)

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Nick

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:48 pm

No, Hagan was making a suggestion, that's already been suggested before, granted.

His suggestion was to implement an item that would perform a function.

You have made several suggestions that completely do not fit in with Cantr. Universal currency (units), game ran stores, and inherent ability to arrest? You need to spend a little more time playing Cantr to get what I'm saying, I think. This is Cantr. If you want these things, play Final Fantasy.
Misty

Postby Misty » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:36 pm

You have made several suggestions that completely do not fit in with Cantr.

No Nick, I did not. If I had wanted to make those as suggestions, I would have started a topic for each of them, and I would have suggested it. No, those are just ideas off the top of my head, things that would be fun, and probably simply implimented, and if I were running the site, they would be there.

Yep. And though not too many people are jumping in there and expressing their like for those ideas, (probably because they don't want to be flatly rejected - which I don't mind, because in person, believe me, I don't get rejected, so being rejected here means nothing to me), I do talk to people. My friends, in person, lots of people around the net, etc, and, of course, because I am actively playing Cantr, I do mention it, and some of the things we talk about here.

Any idea how many people I've had gathered around the screen while I've played Cantr sometimes? You don't hear the talk, though I do drop some pretty forthright hints.

Everyone thinks those are great ideas, and I still believe them to be also, yeah... *smiles* But, I am not suggesting them or asking for them.
NSA
Nick

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:15 pm

Don't take my comments as insulting, but it's just that the suggestions you've made do not fit in with the concept with Cantr, as I already said.

People being spawned with game-made money?
People having the inherent ability to lock people up? While others can never get that ability?

These are against the main principles of Cantr. They will never be implemented, sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but try reading some more background info on what Cantr is, exactly.
Misty

Postby Misty » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:42 pm

Ok, there is a bit of misunderstanding here. Hagan posted a suggestion, and I think HE needs the attention here, so one more comment from me and I am backing out of this thread.

These are not suggestions. I did not start topics for them. I did not request them. The are merely ideas I, and some others, had. My BF shrugged his shoulder upon my reading Hagans suggestion, and he said, so put in a hand cuff button, and the rest of the ideas just started flowing. But they were not suggestions.

Again, I do understand the concept of Cantr, and I am an active player right now, and still enjoying it. I am a writer, not by occupation, but I do love writing, and Cantr is just right for me when I have the time.

Ok, that being said, let me go over these two issues you brought up to me. They have been gone over already, and if you back read, you will see my points, but, let me elaborate once more... final time.

People being spawned with game-made money?
People having the inherent ability to lock people up? While others can never get that ability?

My idea for this was that it would not be IN GAME. It would be a special screen at character development. People could just get so many credits to go and buy their start out clothing, and some food, to get them on their way and into the game. It would be a one time thing, only at the time when a new character is created.

And YES! Yes i understand allllllll the reasons why those in charge of the game don't quite like the idea. Again, I did not suggest them or request them! They are just neat ideas some of us came up with, and they would be implimented as soon as possible if I were running it.

To impliment the automatic handcuffed when arrested idea, you would have to make the program recognize that a person had handcuffs. Sooo, just an idea, not a suggestion! I said, well, you could make the program recognize a sheriff or deputy by coding them in as a special character who had the ability to arrest. Other people would certainly still be able to drag people into a building and lock them away, as they can now, but they just wouldn't have the auto handcuff function.

So anyway, that's it for me in this thread. Not my suggestions. Turn attention to Hagan who has been waiting patiently for people to respond to him...
NSA
Nick

Postby Nick » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:17 am

Suggestions evolve from the original made at the first post. Idea, suggestion, whatever you want to call it... if you didn't make your ideas and we weren't having this discussion, this topic would be dead anyway. Handcuffs have been suggested, and I imagine they will be implemented in time.

I mean, I thought the reasons against this were obvious, but it seems I must list a few.

1) Who would be chosen to have the auto-handcuff button? The game would be determining the society. It would be hard to overthrow a society that is supported by the game mechanics itself.

2) So people could spawn with cotton clothing in an island where no cotton exists? In a town that potentially has no cloth making machines? This does not make sense at all.
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:51 pm

*BUMP*

I know of ship where 3 people are fighting with a pirate that is continuously changing the course of the ship.

Three people should have a way to inmovilize an annoying character without the need of a cabin and a lock.

Other related threads:

viewtopic.php?t=3427
viewtopic.php?t=8760
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”