Thought or Rant of the day!!!

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Mon May 29, 2006 4:27 am

And where at you logic?
Last edited by Mykey on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seeker

Postby Seeker » Mon May 29, 2006 8:03 am

For all you people trying to keep you're spelling perfect while playing cantr, try the google toolbar. Saved me a lot of time, it's got a spellcheck in the toolbar that checks anything you're typing. Saved me from having to go into word for spellcheck every time I was unsure about the spelling of certain words. Now I sound like I'm advertising, so I'll just add a few negative comments to even it out...apart from the spellcheck and the google search option, everything else is completely useless.

I think this classifies as a "thought".
WWFSMD?
BATBYGOBSTOPL!
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Mon May 29, 2006 8:21 am

<rant>
What annoys me is threads about dead characters which people use either to try to glorify their own recently dead char or wait the minimum time necessary before announcing the demise of a major character in game - Don't they consider that if a person is a major character then it would be best if other players found out in game through their own characters :roll: People give time for news to spread in game before talking about things like this on the forum I'm seriously think of proposing a 40 day rule - If something in game is really of interest then no problem with waiting 40 days to discuss it - it will still be interesting
</rant>
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Mon May 29, 2006 8:23 am

If you feel that may maybe avoid the Gone but Not Forgotten thread, and similar types of thread...

(not a rant but a suggestion)
R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
Bran-Muffin

Postby Bran-Muffin » Mon May 29, 2006 8:31 am

I kinda like that idea of his, except a 40 day rule on that is abit much. Maybe more like a 20 day rule to let the news spread.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Mon May 29, 2006 12:16 pm

Chris Johnson wrote:<rant>
What annoys me is threads about dead characters which people use either to try to glorify their own recently dead char or wait the minimum time necessary before announcing the demise of a major character in game - Don't they consider that if a person is a major character then it would be best if other players found out in game through their own characters :roll: People give time for news to spread in game before talking about things like this on the forum I'm seriously think of proposing a 40 day rule - If something in game is really of interest then no problem with waiting 40 days to discuss it - it will still be interesting
</rant>

Chris.
This is EXACTLY what I said somewhere not long ago!! :P :wink:
And now, finally, thank god, someone sees what I mean- it really effects the game, in 2/5 cases.
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Dee

Postby Dee » Mon May 29, 2006 1:17 pm

20 days rule is good. It's just that people like to gossip, and they're usually very anxious to spread the news.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Mon May 29, 2006 1:28 pm

Perhaps players need to refer to a flow-chart diagram or something that we/I could develop:

Is the character in question popular slash will discussion of this character in a public forum offend, annoy, change or influence anyone or anything in any way at all?

If yes,

Will this influence change how the game unfolds as to create a CRB situation or an event that wouldn't have normally happened otherwise? (If yes, go to final steps, if no, go to the next question along)

If no,

Is the event 4 days old? (If yes, post, if no, wait 4 days)

Has 20 days passed? And will what you say/post have no or very minimal effect on the game and on player subconscious?

ETC! 8) :wink:

"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

Maelstrom

Postby Maelstrom » Mon May 29, 2006 7:05 pm

Chris Johnson wrote:<rant>
</rant>

Total agreement. The "memory" thread was intended as a fond reminder / reminiscence of those who've passed on and missed by others, not a guess-what-I-know-that-you-don't-IC name dropper thread which screws with the game, an ego stroke, or gossip column, which is what it's become.

:evil:

-Mael the irritated
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Tue May 30, 2006 7:03 am

I completely agree. A twenty day hold on announcing deaths of major chars, perhaps ten for obscure ones. (someone still might know them, you never know)

I like the previous suggestion somewhere that we have a longer than four day rule on events which might affect game play, even if the event has been over for four days. I'm all for that as well. If the event is going to affect characters in game, they shouldn't know about it out of game before their characters do. It's common sense.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Tue May 30, 2006 7:08 am

To keep this thread more on topic, I guess I should rant about something now.

Hmmmmmm. Give me a minute, I'm sure I'll come up with something new.

Okay, let me sleep on it. Nothing seems to be bugging me at the moment. Nothing new, at least.
Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Tue May 30, 2006 7:47 am

In it something is also to me it seems it is excellent idea. I agree with you.
Last edited by Mykey on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Tue May 30, 2006 8:40 am

<rant>I hate it when people agree with my suggestion when its posted in
a thread about rants - Stop it people NOW !!! </rant>
Dee

Postby Dee » Tue May 30, 2006 8:47 am

You're right, Chris! It's very annoying :P
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue May 30, 2006 11:24 am

Lol Chris..

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”