New Capital Rule clafication

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

What do you think of the new announcement?

A Good Thing
43%
A Bad Thing
24%
Indifferent
33%

Total votes: 21
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:20 pm

ah, right, that wasn't entirely clear.

I'm still slightly concerned about a drop in recruitment for larger organisations, that spread over several spawn towns and would normally get more if not for the rule of 3 thing.

What about in an instnace where it makes sense for a character to join a group they already have 2 chars in? for RP reasons of course.

and stuff like that. especially if this is well away form any of their other characters.

I strongly feel that larger groups do less damage with more than 2 chars than smaller groups do, relative to each other.

Would a sort of percentage be suitable? so that the PDs guideline figure is adjustable to the size of the group? As big groups are more likely to pick up same player characters from differing sources than small ones
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:05 pm

<rant>Basically, I don't like this in terms of..I have one char in Tircqi, another returning to Tircqi from an expedition of sorts, and another from Quil who's heading in that direction to explore because Armedian Koloff piqued his interest in that area. So, in a strict interpretation, I have to find some way to keep one of them away from the town...I suppose I could find one, but it would be rather difficult to try to convince one of my chars to do something that's against his nature. So, I'm kinda glad that there's some flexibility in this.</rant>
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:19 am

I like it.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:51 pm

:evil: ::growls at Missy's three-word post after his blast of hot air::
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:57 pm

::::purrrrrs::::
Alcatraz

Rant?

Postby Alcatraz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:30 am

I think it is possible to have three characters legitamitely in an orginization and not intentionally cooperating with eachother. However, this is rare. Usually one or two become slaves. Or maybe they all do, which may be legitimate, but is not good RP as I don't think the characters are having much fun.

This does get to be a problem with places like Ladvicitavoi. It can be hard to avoid putting one or two into slave lives. I've noticed a bit of a pattern. A player who has a leader in one place usually tends to make more. So, to keep away from slavery, you could easily end up with two leaders in seperate locations in a single orginization. This is unfortunate. Though they might not really be associated with each other, they are majorly contributing to a single goal and thus interupting the intended flow of the game. I do think that this upcoming part can turn out wierd, and possibly unrealistically. Often, the only remaining choice is to create a criminal. Also, you could move elsewhere, or you could start your own business, but it seems that people lean towards criminals and leaving. And usually for reasons that are really formulated on following the rules, but often don't make sense in game. Anyway, it's a problem either way, I have not idea what half of what I just said is, or where it might lead to, and I think I'll go to sleep soon. I hope you've enjoyed my post.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:52 pm

No, having multiple characters in one organisation should really be avoided and is rarely a good idea. If you have really different characters, with different goals in life, living different types of life, but who really coincidently happen to be approached by the same organisation and it really suits how they each live, it can happen that they end up in the same organisation without breaking the rules. But it will be really hard to convince the PD of this and the fact that they are in the same organisation will look very suspicious and might be enough proof for the PD (which is why the announcement).

In by far most cases, if you have more than one character in one organisation, you will be making it yourself easier to play this organisation, and they will be cooperating for one goal. The challenge in the game is to estimate how reliable other people are you are working with - by working with characters of your own, this becomes too easy. I know for myself that I am also easily influenced by knowing the player of a certain character, but really that should be avoided.

It is not about whether they are slaves or leaders, it is about how they can trust each other more easily than they can trust characters from other players, and that is breaking the capital rule. And in most instances it is really rather easy to find a solution to avoid them cooperating, even properly and consistently in character.
Alcatraz

Postby Alcatraz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:32 pm

Don't worry, I wasn't really stating a point, just rambling on about what ifs and a random situation. It was just what would happen if multiples were in an orginization, not that it's good to have them there. Yes, it's a situation best avoided.

Return to “General Discussion”