Bye Cantr.... for now

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Nick

Bye Cantr.... for now

Postby Nick » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:24 am

I had fun with this game, but after going a month without a computer I have fallen out of character, and I cant seem to get back in character. This is the second time this has happened to me, so I wont bother the players department with making a new account. I love how unique this game is. The way how people find out that different situations call for different cultures and governments. Most people who go to this site are either british or american, or at least in a different democratic country. Players learn that communism can be a good thing, or dictatorship, or a mix. I find it helped me understand real world politics better. In fact, I will be pursuing a degree in political sciences soon, and I was inspired by this game, and its creator, Jos. I might still post on here, because I would like to continue to communicate with the people I have befriended through this game, namely Chris, Cosmo, TJ, Jerry, and Jos. This is a good game no doubt, but there are too many factors forcing me to quit this game for now. Perhaps I will be back in 2004.

PS Sorry to the players dept for unsubscribing for the 2nd time this year... I know it isnt healthy for the game
west

Postby west » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:18 pm

nick, i know the feeling
i went all summer without a computer and when i came back i'd been unsubscribed (oops)
i decided not to play again...
then i started again anyway...
now i've got 8 new characters and i'm happily hooked again...
so all is not lost.

hope to see you again soon
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Nick

Postby Nick » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:48 pm

Yes but this is the second time this has happened to me. I reacted the same way as you the first time. But it's a stress on the players department, and I dont want to be a bother. But you are right, sometime in the future I may rejoin. It's just too good of a game to pass up. (plus I want to get a degree in political sciences, and this is a good way to learn, as well as discussing it with other players)
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:14 pm

Hate to see you go, again, but I know how it goes. It is hard to get going after you take off for a while, I've taken a couple breaks since I've been playing and it took me weeks to get back into things. But I think we'll be seeing you again some day... lol... Cantr is addictive as hell. Good luck, man, drop me an email sometime.
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:20 pm

Cantr got you into political science?! That is cool!! :) ...

If you didn't know - I'm a political scientist myself, and the game that lead to Cantr, the lego game I write about on some pages, was part of my inspiration to go for a political science degree :) ...

Don't worry about re-applying sometime. Maybe just very few characters at first? ;)
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:44 pm

Jos Elkink wrote:
Don't worry about re-applying sometime. Maybe just very few characters at first? ;)

hehe, just a few. A few won't hurt. I got trucker to re-subscribe with that logic, now he;s completely hoocked again hehehe
Alcatraz

Credit!

Postby Alcatraz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:06 am

I've joined a program called Student Link for my high school (at least when others are in it) career. I'm using cantr as the main source for my government and social studies credits. Every hour playing counts towards the 25 hour minimum per week.

I haven't fallen behind yet ;-)

Return to “General Discussion”