Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Peter

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:58 am

I want it, I want it!
Not that good.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:42 pm

me to! me to!

now heres somthing totally irelevant. pie will rule you all, or PIE! its wats for dinner. for my ending sentence?

Postby west » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:06 pm

I like this idea too.

Pie, if you can figure out how to modify your signature, I will give you a cookie.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:45 pm

by modify, what do you mean? it could mean for me to change it using somthing that is above my words when ime typing a reply(hence th font color, and size) or chang it using words. if you mean words, then i cant chang it, for my signitchur is bad spelling and grammer.

you know what? ile just cange my ending sentence every so often.

Postby Pie » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:12 pm

I WANT MY COOKIE!
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:15 pm

It's in the mail...
Right about now! Now it's lost in the mail
My old banner ;)
Dee

Postby Dee » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:10 pm

This suggestion ROCKS!
Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Up.

My tailor would really love to access to wool, so it would be nice if there was a way to import some sheep. Maybe this would be a simpler approach to how to code it:

Cage item

- All cages made of iron and able to hold only certain useful animals. They have a lock, too. I'll use sheeps for the examples.

Capturing animals

- With the cage unlocked, you use it in a 'Capture animal (sheep)' project. It uses the hunting skill.
- When finished, one animal of that kind disappears from the location. If for then there aren't any, the project fails.
- The cage becomes loaded with that kind of animal. Now it works like a tamagotchi item.
- It's weight will be increased. You can't carry around two sheeps (well, you shouldn't).

Keeping animals

- 'Feed animal (vegetables)' project, automatic, you don't need the key to do it. It will accept a fixed amount of many foods of that kind. A good farmer will use a scythe and gather wheat and such to keep all his animals well fed.
- A cage with no feed project for more than one week becomes empty.

Farming resources

- 'Farm for wool/milk' project, requires the cage key. You need to stop the feeding, so usually you would keep several cages and farm each one during one or two days.

Sacrifice

- Domesticated animals can't be freed, they would just die. You can only sacrifice them for their meat, leather and else. You need the key, of course.

Aging and reproduction

- Animals will die after 10 cantr years.
- A full cage will check its location for other full and empty cages each five cantr days. If there is another cage of its kind, and an empty cage, there will be a 20% chance that the empty cage will be loaded with a new animal.[/b]
Frits

Postby Frits » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:19 am

Ok Arlequin, i have some mixed ideas on your suggestion. Supposing caging is harder than hunting you would about catch one species every ten tries, so if there are 3 species in town i'd catch about 3 in ten tries, kind of easy. Does it only apply to 'tame' animals like cows, horses and rabbits or to all animals?
If i know my caged beast will die in 10 years i will farm for a while then give it to someone maybe or kill it. If it's the only way to get wool i wouldn't unless i know i have enough. Caged animals maybe shouldn't reproduce, the animals on location already do. If you built your second cage catch another.

If i cage a cow i'd imagine it's not in a cage but tied to a rope. Can i go travelling with it? If so can i take more cows? The thingy created when an animal is caged doesn't necessarily have to be an object you carry (cantrians can't carry a cow..), an animal has free will, it shouldn't behave like an object. But if it behaves like a char, which springs to my mind first you could drag it into a building which you will subsequently treat as a farm. Then i suppose machines in the building wouldn't interfere but maybe it's a smithy... and then other days it's a farm, i feel that is ugly.
Why can't animals be freed? And if they can't then if the caged animal thingy is in inventory there is no need for a key.
Froger rulz101

Names

Postby Froger rulz101 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:23 pm

If they did add tamable animals mainly farm animals you could make pastures that way they have food and you could make genders where animals could breed but the mothers would be useless until the offspring became old enough to handle themselves. You could also give them names like Nightshade and Blazer and Blackberry,that way you could tell them apart you could make carts if you had 2-or-4 horses you could pull like an old fashion Taxi-cab. or you could tame wolves and make sleds and have sled dog teams. when your trying to tame an animal the animal could possibly fight back or if an animal is not used or rode for a long time it could escape.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:01 am

To be sure - without reading all of the above - in the ProgD we have some ideas on how to implement this - but will definitely read some more on the forums before doing anything ;) ... Just mean to say: domestication, or at least changes close to that, will definitely be implemented, but it takes time and it'll be the kind of feature programmers really like to experiment and play around with :) ... We could go for some very easy solution working for all animals types the same etc., but it would totally spoil the fun for us ;) ... Animals is now this one huge area in Cantr where there is little going on and where there are virtually endless possibilities to improve on them :) ...
Elros

Postby Elros » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:10 am

Well good luck Jos, and ya'll keep up the good work. I know it must be alot of time consuming stuff ya'll are jumping into, so I just wanted to say thanks ahead of time. :D
Every action has a consequence.
mikejacobs14

Gladiator Games/ assassination pets

Postby mikejacobs14 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:51 am

Just got an idea, Gladiator games, get a prisoner, lions, and sit back and enjoy the game while 20 lions play with their food.

Of course, free entry for the jews and the christians lol

Also if poison gets implemented, tame snakes and spiders (poisonous ones) and send them to poison a high ranking. a chance of them for the pets
buddyhall

re

Postby buddyhall » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:03 pm

this is an idea i've been thinking about for awhile just not sure of how i wanted to suggest it's implementation if i come up with anything i'l post it but good idea
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." einstein
buddyhall

When the hell are they going to do it then!!

Postby buddyhall » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:10 am

Great idea too bad for the wait
Some wood and whatever they eat bam lets do it cows is easy get them into the Barn or whatever!!!!!
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." einstein

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”