Hiding Your Identity

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

rklenseth

Hiding Your Identity

Postby rklenseth » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:29 am

I just noticed that there are some new clothes. some of which could hide a person's identity.

Cotton headwrap, silk headwrap, cotton facewrap, and silk veil could all be used to hide a character's identity.

It could work like this. Any character that sees the character put on the 'mask' would know who that person is but if a character doesn't see this particular character put on the 'mask' then they don't who it is. Instead of seeing a name or 'man in his twenties', you would see 'a man wearing a cotton facewrap' hiding what the person looks like.

I think having the ability to hide your identity could add even more depth to the game. Spies could keep their identity hidden. Mysterious people or those that don't want to be known. Criminals trying to pull off a crime.

Plus, when the character is wearing the 'mask' it creates another identity for that character. So everytime someone sees that character without the mask you see the primary identity but everytime you see the character with the mask you see the secondary identity. When a character sees the said character don the mask or take it off in that character's presence than the two identities merge into the one primary identity.

What do you all think about that?
Queen Ehlana

Postby Queen Ehlana » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:48 am

That's a lovely idea, but then these masks will become outlawed. Then anyone who wears one will be attacked, at least in this one city my character is in.
Le sens commun n'est pas si commun.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:54 am

That would be up to the societies in game to decide. I would imagine not every society would outlaw it and it could actually become a cultural part of society. Sort of like how woman in certain sects of Islam have to wear veils or burkahs.
Queen Ehlana

Postby Queen Ehlana » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:03 am

Heh heh... That would be cool. At the same time, that could get annoying if you make friends with everyone and never know who they are! :o
Le sens commun n'est pas si commun.
grayjaket

Postby grayjaket » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:21 am

You could walk into a town, with your headwrap or whatever on(or put it on inside a building), slice an important leader or something like that then run out of town, and on the road take off your headwrap. That way if there were some other people on the road, they couldn't identify you :twisted:
I just can't stop coming back....
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:00 pm

This is one of those rare situations where I agree with Badger :)
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:53 pm

Pirog wrote:This is one of those rare situations where I agree with Badger :)

Funny thing was I was about to post this same exact thread when dammit, RKL's a whole day ahead of me. =\

I think he meant that the main indentity of "man in his twenties" Would be replaced by "man with a viel" but if you knew them, they'd be changed to "John Hopkins" whether or not they wore the mask. But if you use <cantr desc> it 'd have the (man with a viel) making the case shown not able to be worked out. SInce all you'd hafta do is mark the man "Criminal 780" or something and you'd still know who it was.

But A great idea, never the less.
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:12 am

I figure Lenseth/Badger/whatever means that the veil becomes like a second identity.
When removing the veil any identity connected with it would also disappear and the identity of the unveiled man would become visible.
Spectrus_Wolfus

Postby Spectrus_Wolfus » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:18 am

if and when weather comes into the game veil's and scarves will become handy for those pesky sand and snow storm's
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:30 am

Weather seems very cool, but it must be a huuuge project if it is going to be as detailed as making veils to counter the effects on sandstorms.

Still, I look forward to it.
(By the way...when does the children come to Cantr? :))
Nick

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:53 am

Spectrus_Wolfus wrote:if and when weather comes into the game veil's and scarves will become handy for those pesky sand and snow storm's

And snowmen... :lol:
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:08 am

Pirog wrote:Weather seems very cool, but it must be a huuuge project if it is going to be as detailed as making veils to counter the effects on sandstorms.

Still, I look forward to it.
(By the way...when does the children come to Cantr? :))

Children came in the game yesterday, haven't you paid any attention? *Looks into account* OH! You have a /free/ account. I'm sorry. You're character is sterile until you send $1,000 Canadian to me :) Then I'll send you a picture of a newborn baby. You can then staple it to your computer monitor, write "Cantr Baby" on the back, and voila. Children are in the game!

**PS: Children are not in the game. I'm fooling with your mind, if it wasn't obvious.
-- Anthony Roberts
Spectrus_Wolfus

Postby Spectrus_Wolfus » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:14 am

i have the pic of a cantr orphan on my monitor :lol:
i wonder how the lil fella is doing by himself in the yard 8)
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:16 am

Spectrus_Wolfus wrote:i have the pic of a cantr orphan on my monitor :lol:
i wonder how the lil fella is doing by himself in the yard 8)

*scratches his head, taps Spectrus* Uhhh, there's a soft speaking guy who goes by Micheal Jackson outside, and I'm sorry to say, I don't think your orphan is still in the yard. *points*
griogal

Postby griogal » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:44 pm

Nick wrote:
Spectrus_Wolfus wrote:if and when weather comes into the game veil's and scarves will become handy for those pesky sand and snow storm's

And snowmen... :lol:

Glen the abominable Snowman, residing in the Yeti's den
"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. "
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Return to “Suggestions”