Pangalactic Mutant Rumble! (Round 7)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:30 am

*laughs* Ancient quotes from long dead poets. Do you live so far in the past to think that what mankind once was is superior to what it has become today? *shakes his head* I'd much like to see as many of our... breeds continue on through existance as possible. Of course there will be some of you who would call it a fearful bluff, but in my eyes, fangs strike much more deeply then a lick of flame. After all, the only reason he hasn't grown in power is because he's been trying to feel you all out.
Scratch and sniff text
AoM

Postby AoM » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:50 pm

"You seem pretty confident of your superiority, Quasar... but it occurs to me that a certain Snow Goon was only attacked by your flames last round... "

*she smirks*

"Your carelessness and unruly power is your undoing. Even our human ancestors had enough sense to act with precision when necessary. Already, you have a 70 energy attack headed your way. It won't take much to cripple you after that.

"I suggest you make peace with whatever heathen gods you have."
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:22 pm

MOD NOTE:

Let's try to move Round Three along a little more quickly. Deadline for allocations is Tuesday, July 17, at 11:00 p.m. GMT.
I kill threads. It's what I do.
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:40 pm

So what, you don't like that my flare may singe everyone in the room. All but the weariest of people can easily withstand a little heat. I am not the greatest threat in this room to you, and you of all people should realize this.
Scratch and sniff text
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:59 pm

*He nods* Done, You're dead Quasar
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:03 am

Well Corinthian, will you be striking the final blow or is assistance called for? Perhaps I will divert my attention elsewhere if not needed.
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:09 am

Along with that 70 energy attack AoM says's aimed at him, I'm dealing the final blow *He grins* That'll be a fourth wiped out
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:21 pm

*He nods, and says, with a grin still plastered on his face* Alrighty then, I've got a 90 strength attack just waiting to kill Quasar and a beefish 208 defence to give me a helping hand, that sound good to you (Whatever AoM's character was called ;))
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:29 am

*laughs* Your alliance will be your downfall. Off goes your head, and the rest of you will squabble. You all know he *gestures towards outside of the room* Won't give the victor the satisfaction of providing the deceased inferiors support. I recognize now that I am a doomed people. My Elder Flame will perish, and we as a race will be no more.
Scratch and sniff text
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:34 am

*He gives a mock salute* Farewell, flame peoples *He then grins* Well, that's the send-off done, I wonder if you go all charred when you die?
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:16 pm

MOD NOTE:

Round Three deadline will be extended to Thursday 11 p.m. GMT. While I have numbers from everyone it appears that some conversations are ongoing and people have felt a bit rushed.

Also this timeframe will be easier for me.
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:55 pm

ROUND THREE RESOLUTION

By now the entire group is on edge, knowing that AOLA the Mercuriate will come out of nowhere to shiv one of them before they even have time to zip up and turn around. AS usual, she does not disappoint. Swivelling neatly to her left, she irises her third dimension and slips neatly into a microcrease in the space-time continuum. The entire chamber slows to a crawl, save for her, and even the light takes on a flat, spread out quality. A bead of perspiration trickling down her forehead is the only sign of the effort these time shifts cost her, but no matter -- everyone else is too slow to see it anyway. With a kick and a flick of the wrist, she caroms leisurely off the wall and in the direction of THE ICE DEMON, who floats head down a short distance away. She clenches her right fist, gathering energies around it in a crackling storm, and delivers a swift uppercut to the Demon's jaw, snapping his head back and causing two of his teath to richochet off a nearby cube.

With a jarring snap AOLA shifts back into normal space-time. She keeps her wits about her and deftly fends off an incoming attack from QUASAR, despite being almost blinded by the radiance from his Fiery Shield. QUASAR chuckles as he turns up the heat in the chamber.

THE ICE DEMON, using his last shred of conscious thought, deflects QUASAR's fire to his SNOW GOON sidekick, saving at least that minimal additional damage. THE VAMPIRE, sensing an opportunity, attempts to sink his fangs into the GOON's neck. Just barely managing to penetrate the GOON's remarkably thick hide, THE VAMPIRE draws forth a tiny bit of energy from his victim.

THE CORINTHIAN -- immune to the effects of QUASAR's radiance due to his stylishly Cool Shades, comes to AOLA's defense as he unleashes a bolt of energy at QUASAR. The latter's flame sputters and threatens to go out, but then rekindles, dimmer than before but still burning steadily.

Meanwhile, far on the other side of the chamber, THE SPIRIT continues to practice the contortions and defensive maneuvers best suited to its current phsyical form. Unperturbed, and to some extent even oblivious to the others' actions, it spins in place, flowing from one position to the next with near perfect fluidity, providing an odd and eerie counterpoint to the frenzied thrust and counterthrust playing out among the others.
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:56 pm

ROUND THREE ALLOCATIONS:

deadboy:

20 to Mimic the Cosmic Shield power, and Cool Shades activated. 45 attack to Nakranoth (90 with shades), rest to defense (plus Cosmic Shield and shades, 168 total)

AoM:

40 on Hyperspeed attack against Neuman, 20 on defense (90 including Cosmic Shield)

Bowser:

70 on Vampiric Bite attack against Snow Goon, 18 on defense

FormerlyHF:

20 on Kung Fu Reverse, 30 on defense

Neuman:

No attack, no defense -- redirected Fiery Shield damage to Snow Goon

Nakranoth:

49 on attack against AoM, 30 on Fiery Shield (half is 15, divided by 6 and rounded up, attack of 3 against each other Hero)

Snow Goon One:

70 on defense
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:59 pm

CURRENT ENERGY LEVELS:

deadboy: 79 Energy
AoM: 60 Energy
Bowser: 89 Energy (see below)
FormerlyHF: 50 Energy
Neuman: 20 Energy
Nakranoth: 19 Energy
Snow Goon One: 66 Energy

KILLED IN ACTION:

None

COMMENTS:

The Snow Goon took 74 energy from Nakranoth and Bowser combined (3 from Fiery Shield + 25% rounded up to 4). Snow Goon defended for 70, so it takes 4 damage. The damage is simultaneous from both attacks, meaning Bowser causes 2 damage, drawing 1 energy from the attack through Vampire Bite.

No kills this round as it's every mutant for itself -- attacks, while possibly coordinated, are in any case not combined. Flashy, take-'em-out attacks take a back seat to tactics, setting things up for future rounds.

ROUND FOUR BEGINS

MOD NOTE: Your moderator has relocated dwellings this week. Internet access has been temporarily interrupted. I'll try to check PM's and post when feasible, and expect to be online more or less regularly again by Monday.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:04 pm

*He gives a slightly uneven look* Aola, thought you said you had me backed up against Quasar there? Anyway, never mind, I'll just finish you off now *He winks at Quasar* Sort of handy you not dying actually, gave me a nothing chance to mimic one of them cosmic skills, next turn with you and Icey over there out the way they're going to be pretty damned useless to me *He smiles, wickedly* So then, what you want me to do next Aola?

Return to “Forum Games”