Star Wars: The Old Republic

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

masterekat

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Postby masterekat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Early access starts Tuesday and release is December 20. Who is going to be selling their soul to this MMO? I have information about a Sith guild that'll be starting right at the beginning for anyone who might be interested.
DylPickle

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Postby DylPickle » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:01 pm

I wish I was....

The beta ran ok on my computer, but on all the base settings (something I've been used to my whole life with pc games). But it just wasn't quite running well enough. I might dive into this one over the summer, once I've upgraded my graphics card.
Slyder_Glyder_Ryder_etc

Postby Slyder_Glyder_Ryder_etc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Gotta be Jedi... Sorry.

Seriously, I can understand playing Horde.. a bunch of misunderstood misfits... but fight for THE EMPIRE? That's just wrong. They're not very nice people.
Image Image Image Image
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:22 am

I want to play the Sith, but my douchy friends started a republic guild. I just bought the game like literally 5 minutes ago. I know i'll have an early access key by tomorrow. I've heard of people getting theirs now as early as 3 hours after purchasing. I will unfortunately have to either use my wife's computer until sometime into probably late Jan maybe even late Feb to play. My video card decided to die. XFX may replace it. That would be awesome. I'm running a 5 year old card now thats good enough for indie games, but I'll at least be without a good card for a minimum of 3 weeks.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:01 am

Exactly, Slyder! Not very nice people at all. Though you can still choose to go light side and betray your superiors if you really wanted to. There are light sides and dark sides on both factions, so it's all a matter of personal preference. But it's so fun to finally be able to channel all of the negative emotions bottled up inside into something that will not effect another living being in any way. What a release lol! Besides, it's just passion, right? :twisted:

Dyl, I will say that the final product is running twice as well as the beta did for me. Also, my fiance learned about a little trick where you turn your graphics all the way up, let it load, and then turn them all the way back down and let it load again. For some reason this makes the game run a lot smoother. But still, I can understand that it's a lot of money to pay for something you're not even sure is going to run right.

We just got our guild set up a few hours ago and we have 9 people so far (all people we know irl or online from other places), so if anyone is going to try empire in the future, we're on Ajunta Pall. Carbon Scored Corpses is the name. We're pretty casual and just leveling right now, so we're not asking for any specific level of commitment. PM me or post your character names here if you're ever interested and I'll send you an invite in game.
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 am

Started my smuggler today. I skipped almost every cutscene trying to catch back up to where I was during beta. I'm getting somewhat close to leaving my starting planet :D
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:05 am

I bought a cheap graphics card and now it runs great! (I was running off an integrated chipset piece of trash before).

Bounty Hunter and a Sith Sorcerer. Empire rules.
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:30 am

Turn off shadows. You'll get at least twice as much FPS.
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Oh I've got everything stripped down to the bare minimum, but it's running perfectly with a great fps. I probably overdid it a bit, but it's all good.

I slipped back into EVE Online now though, and, well... Yeah.
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:03 am

You get better FPS with everything on high with shadows off, than everything on low with shadows on.

I use to play eve online. I get the itch to play again, but then i realize i'd be forfeiting my life. Still, If i ever want to go back, 75M SP character.
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:35 pm

I didn't want to get it for a long time, but I surrendered and got the game, and loving it. I tried to play the dark side, but I'm no good at that lol. It's not natural. So I play Jedi :D
There is no rule that says I can't post as much I want. I asked my lawyer.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Somebody was supposed to write a review about it but couldn't get a code to work, even though it got resent to them like twice. So in the end the deadline came and all they could write was they weren't able to get in, so they can't form an opinion.
Not-so-sad panda
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:04 pm

It took me some effort to get the game to work. And lots of patience seeing it took hours to download.
There is no rule that says I can't post as much I want. I asked my lawyer.
CrashBlizz

Postby CrashBlizz » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:08 am

If anyone is on the 'nightmare lands' server then let me know.
kazzcioom

Postby kazzcioom » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:04 am

Not too similiar to WoW at all really other than the generic RPG elements

Return to “Non-Forum Games”