Zombies!!! (A Mafia Game)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:06 am

Gah! I was right! Curses.... ah well, that was fun. Well played you all... suspected both of you for a couple days now, but I suspected Shay just as much...
Scratch and sniff text
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:07 pm

I was the undertaker, which I guess N-Aldwitch knew, which is why he made the declaration post-my-demise...

I was damned sure N-Aldwitch was a zombie from the second round, but he played it too well, and whenever I tried to accuse him, he was too good at defelcting it...

At least I was right about mtm21. My instinct told me that Racetyme was evil, but the total vote for him made me doubt it, but I was getting too tired with the extended length of the game to drag it out any further...

Good game, when's the next?
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
mtm21

Postby mtm21 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:00 pm

Gah my I pie was right about those two... LOL.. I told you all that I was good. I was the chainsaw manic. LOL.. believe me next time. ;)
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:03 pm

Yep. Good game. This one went for a month. Everyone was well played.

And HF, we don't get told your roles.. I took a gamble and said I was the Undertaker, under the premise that if I didn't say it, I would get lynched, if I did say it, at least there was that chance that I had killed the Undertaker.

I reckon people have gotta be more wary of my little evil tactic. I know some of you are aware of it... :P One game I'm a weak, innocent kid who is scared and cries a lot.. Another game I'm a frail old man who also is weak. :oops:
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Pie

Postby Pie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:35 pm

Dang.

Well, I was right about one person. *glares at N-aldwich*

Also, ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT! When someone says he's the preist, you don't just go and kill the doctor.

Also, I lied and I did view HF. Didn't want you people (so IGNORANT!) to think I was lying, so if I had said that both of the suspected zombies were innocent... well, me saying that one might be guilty seemed a bit more plausable.

But you still killed the doctor, and then I died, and I was wrong about racetyme and shay.
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:52 pm

Thanks to the CD who got rid of those spam posts... the forums were being backed up or were just down and I wanted to get the post in before bed so I was like trying a hundred times to post it.. :P

@pie So who was the matyr? Because we (sparkle and I) took an estimated risk in night killing you..
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:

"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Pie

Postby Pie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:12 pm

heck, I don't know. I could only tell if people were zombies or not.

there dosen't have to be a myrter though.

Pick In Enter

Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:33 pm

Let me tell you how frustrating it was to see everyone leave there votes for me when literally every person in the game had voted for me...
RAM DISK is not an installation procedure!
Pie

Postby Pie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:49 pm

I'm sorry I suspected you, Racetyme.

It's just that I've noticed (by then) how many times N had deflected the vote, and when he aligned himself with you, i suspected you also.

Pick In Enter

Darkle-ish

Postby Darkle-ish » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:09 am

That looked fun..
"Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way to far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them." -George Carlin, an amazing man.
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:15 am

Remember, remember in the rules... I didn't guarantee that all roles would be in the game.

There were no martyrs. And there was no Badass with a shotgun.

Here was the role set:

N-Aldwitch: Zombie Master

Sparkle: Zombie

Deadboy: Necromancer

Pie: Priest (seer)

FormerlyHF: Undertaker

saztronic: Doctor

Nakranoth: Tough guy

mtm21: Chainsaw Wielding Maniac

Racetyme: Villager

Shay: Villager

Mod comments: Pie's inability to convince the village really hurt them big time. It's not just his fault however, as anyone on the good team should have deduced that he wasn't lying.

If Pie was who he said he was, then you shouldn't have lynched like you did.

If he wasn't who he said he was, then there should have been a counterclaim, since up to that point, only the evil Sorcerer and a known tough guy had been targeted for kill.

Since at that point the Priest was guaranteed to be in the game, if Pie was evil, the real Priest would have been obligated to step up and call Pie a liar. Since no counterclaim showed up, the benefit of the doubt should have gone to Pie, but even though as the moderator I gave plenty of time for reaction, nothing happened and no one changed their mind. :(

Another win for evil... the next game I run is going to be something rather different. I think you'll all like it.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:49 pm

Heh, my own team killed me before anyone else, I'm actually pretty impressed that we managed to win after that, good job people
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:59 pm

Well, I had more fun this time than any other. I played with the intention of stirring up mob mentality, and my did it work.
RAM DISK is not an installation procedure!
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:07 pm

Awesome game. I was not even suspected out loud this time unlike my counterpart who stayed in the lime light. I really thought he was going to give us away, but he showed great role play and I enjoyed it very much. 2 in a row for us! Wow, we are getting good. lol Anyways...

Thanks guys. Had a blast.
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Evil, knowing who they are and being able to collaborate, seems to be at a rather huge advantage in this game. The good villagers are basically relying on blind luck, which can easily be shifted in one direction or another by the evil cabal without fear of error.

I'm not saying that good played a particularly good game this time around, but that's a pretty big advantage to overcome.

I suspected N-Aldwitch right from the start. His frail old man routine and "let's not attack anyone" stance seemed shifty. But I can't take credit for being smart, because I suspected Racetyme too, and never once suspected Sparkle. And character played a role -- the pompous doctor, convinced he was never wrong, irritatingly condescending, etc.

Fun but I prefer less guessing and/or more action -- hoping the Rumble will provide one or the other.
I kill threads. It's what I do.

Return to “Forum Games”