Sports in Cantr?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:57 am

If people weren't able to copy and paste, or print screen, than card games could be made, without any cheaters...
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:20 pm

David G wrote:There are some places that require "no disturbing of the peace". They don't call it that but that is what they mean. Really it is just people responsible for things or guards that do not like to see there character light up all the time.

and there are places where the opposite is true, where the leaders want more activity, although I'm guessing you aren't reffering to productive activity?
Meh

Postby Meh » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:24 pm

Solfius wrote:
David G wrote:There are some places that require "no disturbing of the peace". They don't call it that but that is what they mean. Really it is just people responsible for things or guards that do not like to see there character light up all the time.

and there are places where the opposite is true, where the leaders want more activity, although I'm guessing you aren't reffering to productive activity?

No nothing productive. The territories of the "no fun zones" are vast.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:11 pm

fun depends on your point of view I'm sure that to some the RP intensity of a place like Blojt is overwhelming and not fun, but somewhere where it's more production orientated, rather than rp, could be fun to them
Meh

Postby Meh » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:23 pm

I didn't mean fun for the players, fun for the charcters. Their are certain cultures that are quiet and productive. Fun loving types are tarred and feathered. Other places jail the silent but working. If you are going to have people spawn at 20 they should be told these things since a 20 year old would know the culture of where they grew up. Not laws but customs. Many of these customs are not realized by the chracters or players that carry out the customs. Then those in charge get all bent out of shape for not doing something that is not known about or written about.
quidit

Postby quidit » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:31 pm

thingnumber2 wrote:If people weren't able to copy and paste, or print screen, than card games could be made, without any cheaters...

You are right.

After I brought this up I tried to come up with a way to play 5 card stud no draw and it works but with notes but theres no way to stop cheating,not that I could think of, although I am still very new to the game and still unsure about alot. I was thinking though if you seal the envolopes I beleive you can still see the headlines of each note with out breaking it open and if its returned unopened than the game is good, my only problem now ,I think, is the shuffle very time consumming. I dont know whatcha all think?
Gunny1723

Postby Gunny1723 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:53 pm

I have this idea with my Char...in Blaman Mountains (south) there could be a game called "The great Race"..and heres how it works...ok there is no limit to the amount of players...ALL players must travel to Blaman Proper...pick up 14000 potatos...and then travel back to the south mountains...here are the rules..

1. you must pick up the food.
2. you may care anything you like...
3. you may hit each other to win...BUT if you hit some one and you are seen doing it...and its breaking the law of the place you are in..then its all your own falt..and if you are hald of to Jail...your out of the game..I will send word for you to be relased...
4. Winner will get...maybe weapons...or even a sports car..

and when the race grows..the races can be done in cars..and vans and things like that...
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:23 pm

That would be awesome!!! :D
Meh

Postby Meh » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:06 am

Good one.

Here's one for real life.

The race is from whereever you are to here.
Send 14,000 USD in the mail.
Whoever gets here first wins.

A sports car, a dream home could all be yours.
(but expect a postcard from me from a sunnier location where extradition laws are not in effect)
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:18 am

I'd be there first!!! All I have to do is drive across the Indiana/Ohio border and I'd be there!! :D
west

Postby west » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:06 am

Yeah but you can't drive. :mrgreen:
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:10 am

Sammi...I don't think you get the point... :lol:
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
west

Postby west » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:19 am

It's okay. Let her have her fun...there'll be plenty of time for understanding when she's old and poor.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:21 am

Envalopes wouldn't work either, cuz I could just open it, take out whats inside, copy it, change my character's name to the same as yours, make several more envalopes, and have a bunch of the same cards...too bad you can't see when someone unseals an envalope...
Gunny1723

Postby Gunny1723 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:44 am

Gunny is REALLY going to start this race....and by them haveing to pick up food would make it alot farer...o course from time to time...the pick up item would change..alot...

Return to “General Discussion”