Make resources Dragable.

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:43 am

We can almost drag anything.

Why not resources?
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:11 am

Sounds reasonable to me..
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:11 am

(ONLY POSTING TO KEEP PEANUT HAPPY)

Do you mean natural collection points or collected resources?
Mistress's Puppy
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:13 am

Antichrist_Online wrote:(ONLY POSTING TO KEEP PEANUT HAPPY)

Do you mean natural collection points or collected resources?

Collected resources.
Or better yet.

Everthing that's in grams format.
Dee

Postby Dee » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:26 am

But if we can drag resources.. Then prisoners can run away from prison...

Someone can pass them the iron needed to make a crowbar then break the lock and run away.

And, how can resources be draggable? It doesn't make sense to me... I mean, you can't drag carrots from under the door... Note is acceptable yes because it's very small.. But carrots? And onions? And iron? No...
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:34 am

I don't think Peanut is proposing dragging resources through locked doors, Currently only notes and keys can be dragged through these, no other draggable object can (unless a dragger has a key).

I can see the logic of this suggestion but to be honest the same effect can be achieved picking up, carrying in and dropping . I'd rate this as quite low priority.

The only real difference between dragging and carrying is that you could use this to drag resources into a building to stop access from the outside by filling it up. I'm not sure we'd want that feature
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:42 am

Dee wrote:But if we can drag resources.. Then prisoners can run away from prison...

Someone can pass them the iron needed to make a crowbar then break the lock and run away.

And, how can resources be draggable? It doesn't make sense to me... I mean, you can't drag carrots from under the door... Note is acceptable yes because it's very small.. But carrots? And onions? And iron? No...

But what's the difference in dragging/pulling a cantarian that weights 60000g and 60000g of carrots?

Dee wrote:Someone can pass them the iron needed to make a crowbar then break the lock and run away.

What kind of argument is that?
That's a great example of what this suggestion is all about.

It's the same as dragging carrots inside a building where people got locked up in.
Or quickly dragging the resources that are on the ground inside out of fear for a newspawn taking it.

And it would save time entering and leaving buildings dropping resources as you go.

Dee wrote:And, how can resources be draggable? It doesn't make sense to me... I mean, you can't drag carrots from under the door... Note is acceptable yes because it's very small.. But carrots? And onions? And iron? No...

I consider a cantr building/vehicle locked if the lock is set in the locked state.
I consider a cantr building/vehicle open if it has no lock or the lock is set in the unlocked state.
How difficult would it be top grab alot of potatoes opening a door and trowhing them inside?

This gives me some more ideas.

1 Dragging should only be possible if you have a key to the lock of the destination you are dragging to. Or if there is no lock there.
2 There should be a way to drag the biggest batch of resources from a building/vehicle to where you are.
3 Dragable items? (tools/weapons/shields/etc)
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:44 am

Chris Johnson wrote:I don't think Peanut is proposing dragging resources through locked doors, Currently only notes and keys can be dragged through these, no other draggable object can (unless a dragger has a key).

I can see the logic of this suggestion but to be honest the same effect can be achieved picking up, carrying in and dropping . I'd rate this as quite low priority.

The only real difference between dragging and carrying is that you could use this to drag resources into a building to stop access from the outside by filling it up. I'm not sure we'd want that feature

Well i always thought that the players should have a way to drag stuff outside of a building to unclog it. Thus removing the need of staff intervention.
Dee

Postby Dee » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:53 am

Yeah I think it makes more sense this way...

Not a bad idea :)
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:18 pm

And a crowbar requires steel, not iron, and on top of that an anvil too (we learned this the hard way). Anyway, if a prisoner would make me an anvil and a crowbar then I'd gladly wait for him to finish it and then kill him! :twisted:

Anyway it wouldn't make much sense that you can stuff a house so full of resources that you can't get in. Logically if it was a granular material then... oh, right, the doors open to the inside? But anyway, technically a person with a key walks through the door rather than unlocking it from the outside and then opening it.
Not-so-sad panda
Agar

Postby Agar » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:11 pm

To ProgDept (just an example, not a real problem ... yet)

Help! A newspawn entered one of the open buildings where we've been putting sand into, and then drug it all outside, then into my building! It's FULL! There's no one inside, and no way for anyone to get inside now, so there's nothing we can do about it! Help!

Anyone put any thought into that problem?
Reality was never my strong point.
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Peanut wrote:
Chris Johnson wrote:I don't think Peanut is proposing dragging resources through locked doors, Currently only notes and keys can be dragged through these, no other draggable object can (unless a dragger has a key).

Well i always thought that the players should have a way to drag stuff outside of a building to unclog it. Thus removing the need of staff intervention.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Moved to implemented suggestions
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:11 pm

soooo sweeet!
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:49 pm

We just have to be careful how its implemented. Otherwise I'm all for it.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”