Wheelbarrow

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

The Industriallist

Wheelbarrow

Postby The Industriallist » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:54 am

What does it do, anyway? One of my characters wasted a very valuable 50g of iron making one, and now I can't find anything that it does.
"If I can be a good crackhead, I can be a good Christian"

-A subway preacher
trage

Postby trage » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:02 am

As far as I can telli t does nothing, everyone in lake village got one from mac adn I found out they are uselesss, or at least as far as I can tell. Maybe I am wrong.
Spider

Postby Spider » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:06 am

I remember someone said some community of people figured it out....but they didn't say how....i kinda don't believe who ever it was.
I was not intoxicated while I wrote this.
Agar

Postby Agar » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:20 am

What has anyone tried to figure it out? Have you tried carrying more than normal to see if it boosts your carrying capacity? Have you tried putting things in it? Have you tried using it on projects to increase thier rate or decrease thier time?

Have you thought discovering this answer would lead to a CR breech?

:evil:

I've got a new idea for a poll........
Reality was never my strong point.
jeslange

Postby jeslange » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:03 pm

The wheelbarrow does have a use :wink:
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:35 pm

That helps slightly...

It doesn't let you carry more than 100g more, at least. (I didn't test smaller amounts)

According to the official response to my desperate attempt to find out the rule for such things, it CANNOT lead to a CR breach. :evil:

Besides, I should think you at least ought to know what it doesn't do...

-A subway preacher
Jess

Postby Jess » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:38 pm

I once had a char who was stuck on a boat for ages and the only thing she could do was make a broom. It did actually make it less boring by testing out any possible uses, but she was never succesful :(
swymir

Postby swymir » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:44 pm

Well if all else fails you could try using it as a weapon.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:25 pm

Even though one might not be able to find the proper use of an item, it's mere existence for your char allows them the ability to role play regarding it. Like sweeping a house, or throwing an ill person into the tub, and healing them. :P
swymir

Postby swymir » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:53 pm

I would think that if you <i> threw</i> a person into a tub that that would be the opposit of healing them. Especially if there wasn't any water in it.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:35 pm

A wheelbarrow is used to collect all the corpses throughout town....

"Bring out yer dead!!!!"

Actually I believe the project it is used for tells you so when you initiate the project, but I don't recall for sure.
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:53 am

All projects list the tools they require...

So according to this information, somewhere there is a machine-based project or resource production project that uses the wheelbarrow. (I'm pretty sure it's not a manufacturing project, I think I would have noticed)

Not that that does any good for my character, who lost his chance to get an iron shield. Oh well, he can probably find some more.

-A subway preacher
NetherSpawn

Postby NetherSpawn » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:00 am

Oasis wrote:Even though one might not be able to find the proper use of an item, it's mere existence for your char allows them the ability to role play regarding it. Like sweeping a house, or throwing an ill person into the tub, and healing them. :P

Perhaps I'm overly oppressive, but those actions seem to me to be CR breaches. If Cantr characters were meant to sweep houses, there would be a function and project attached, and it would have an effect. Something done over an extensive period of time seems to me to require a project. At the very least you'd have to not be doing a real project at the time or it would be awfully strange.
Also, Cantr does not have illness, all illness is imaginary, and tubs don't heal people... unless someone lied and told you that they were real, I can't see your character believing such myths. Besides, moving people around is a specific action, covered by the drag project. There isn't another way to move characters other than yourself.
"We will change our world forever. You will handle the arrangements."
cantrpotatoe

Postby cantrpotatoe » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:52 am

NetherSpawn wrote:
Oasis wrote:Even though one might not be able to find the proper use of an item, it's mere existence for your char allows them the ability to role play regarding it. Like sweeping a house, or throwing an ill person into the tub, and healing them. :P

Perhaps I'm overly oppressive, but those actions seem to me to be CR breaches. If Cantr characters were meant to sweep houses, there would be a function and project attached, and it would have an effect. Something done over an extensive period of time seems to me to require a project. At the very least you'd have to not be doing a real project at the time or it would be awfully strange.
Also, Cantr does not have illness, all illness is imaginary, and tubs don't heal people... unless someone lied and told you that they were real, I can't see your character believing such myths. Besides, moving people around is a specific action, covered by the drag project. There isn't another way to move characters other than yourself.

what about smiling or grinning, there is no project, yet they rp them. I have had characters rp dancing with a broom. I think it is ok to rp something with an item you dont know what it is used for. Even if thgey say they have a "fake" sickness as long as they dont over do it.
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:20 am

Bowser wrote: Actually I believe the project it is used for tells you so when you initiate the project, but I don't recall for sure.

The project I believe the wheelbarrow is for does NOT state that the wheelbarrow will help completing the project as I thought it did... so who knows if it even helps what I thought it helped.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”