Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 29
Sopel_1

Some wax from Beehive

Postby Sopel_1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Maybe we could get honey and some wax from beehive project ? Of course a little bit of wax but still. By this change it would be easier to make candles or seals.
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Re: Some wax from Beehive

Postby Bmot » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Wouldn't that be a bit weird, as you need the same wax to build the beehive in the first place?
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
guilletierno

Postby guilletierno » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Bmot wrote:Wouldn't that be a bit weird, as you need the same wax to build the beehive in the first place?

just like you need a small amount of iron to make a [Smelting furnace], and an iron tool.

You can get those initial iron from another smith. In the same way, with this suggestion you can get wax to make a Beehive using an existent beehive, or getting the wax as a raw material.
El vino viene cantando desde la tierra,
baja del cerro hecho agua,
y en una raíz se queda,
y sube por una camino que se llama enredadera,
parra, parrón, vid, mil hojas, verde sombra o como quieras.
Bmot

Postby Bmot » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:52 pm

I guess that seems fair, yeah. It'd be a separate project, right? Not some 'waste product' from making honey?
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:59 pm

If accepted it will be different project, because it's impossible to have multiple output for machines. ;]
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Bmot

Postby Bmot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:10 am

Okay, one last question: What will be the input? Or will it be just 'collecting' from the beehive?
(Like, for honey, you need a certain type of herb or flower)
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:07 pm

I guess honey itself might work.
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:21 am

This got accepted very quickly.

I voted no as it's one of the rare things left in the game. It's valuable and incredibly precious on the 'frontiers'. Also, once a town has a hive, it has a hive. The town next door will need to go to the town where beeswax is to get a hive of their own. With this suggestion, they just need to go next door. Soon every town about will have a hive. It will devalue beeswax, candles, honey and mead. It will make it even easier to heal.

With so little left to strive for in the game, this suggestion will just make the game blander and the towns more monotonous.

I have three characters who went to great lengths for hives and another three without one. I really enjoy these sorts of challenges in game and the achievement that comes with building a place up. Once it's built... meh!
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 am

I agree with Addicted. The game is so much more interesting if you can have something rare like a beehive. I would love to see more of those rare, or even unique, assets instead of having everything readily available to everyone (unfortunately this is the trend in many suggestions: make things easier to get).
I think ...
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:46 am

I tend to agree with the last two posters as well.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Makes sense not to..

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:04 pm

As long as getting beeswax is a separate project, there is an opportunity cost. You could have been getting honey, which is an excellent healing food. Make the beeswax output low, and that opportunity cost will be significant.

Frankly, I think the people who want to preserve scarcity are thinking of a game that no longer exists. Cantr is a ghost world, much too big for its population. Trade occurs much less often than it used to. Part of it has to do with older characters sitting on huge stashes (i.e., not enough scarcity). But more importantly, Cantr is a quieter, less vibrant place. Even when a lot of characters are gathered in one place, with a significant event in progress, the silence can be deafening. Are resources that don't exist on some continents going to make players excited? Or are they going to think that Cantr sucks because it takes forever and a day to accomplish anything?
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:17 pm

The purifier on a ship makes both water and salt.. I was excited and built it.. basically, I would rather travel a year and trade for salt, or water.. neither are enough to make it a profitable thing, but.. you can produce enough salt to cure meat to survive If the wax output was that low, I don't see it being benefit/profitable to anyone

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Sopel_1 wrote:By this change it would be easier to make candles or seals.

This is what I think is good idea. Just enough amount for candles that go away fast when used and taking out the piles of stored unused honey somewhere. :roll:
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Personally I didn't see a town (with at least few people) without a beehive. Either Polish, English and German towns. I don't see any harm if amount will be small to work for candles or (reduced) cost of seals.
And it will be nice to have a way to reduce amount of honey. When you have some flowers, well and beehive you can get soooo much of it. If you only can you don't stop, because it can be useful in the future, but it's usually not.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”