Windows

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

trage

Windows

Postby trage » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:51 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think you need to be able to put windows on a house so you can see what is going on outside or see whats going on inside. I mean I hate it when you are working in a building and when you come back outside everyone is dead and you are looking at a heavily armed group with sabres and iron shields looting the bodies of your friends.
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:55 am

*you see a man in his twenties outside get attacked by horse*

Yeah I think that is a good idea, but maybe you'd have to use the window which could slow your project down a bit or something like that.
Or perhaps just limit what you can see, if you only have one window, you can only see 1/4 of what is going on out side. You would need 4 windows to see every thing.
Some are friends of the Wolf.....others are Dinner
trage

Postby trage » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:57 am

Yeah or you need a window for each room of your house or you can't see outside for rooms without them.
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:03 am

trage wrote:Yeah or you need a window for each room of your house or you can't see outside for rooms without them.

Yeah I'm starting to really like this idea. I want a window please.

You could even need new tools like a saw or large hammer like a sludgehammer to make the window
trage

Postby trage » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:07 am

I thought sledge hammer wasn't new. I mean it is used to crush hematite. Oh and do you know why they changed hematite all around the world to iron? Anyways yes you would have to collect the class and the wood for the windows and you would need a hammer and possibly some type of thing to hold the wood together that holds the glass. Like nails, but since there are none something else like a little bit of timber, but this is just a suggestion. I like it and so does Lone, but lets see others opinions. It would also decrease the crime rate.
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:14 am

I also like this idea.
Eat the invisible food, Industrialist...it's delicious!
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:14 am

We have a stone hammer, I'm not sure about a sldgehammer, I didn't look. But I was thinking if you wanted a window in a building that was already built you need to knock a hole in the wall, so you need something to do that.
trage

Postby trage » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:18 am

Yeah good point or you could get a war hammer or a saw to cut a hole in it, and i am pretty sure we have a sledge hammer not sure. I saw someone else say it in Djorf Hills north. Not sure if they were just talking about something else and said sledgehammer.
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:21 am

I don't think they should be to advanced to make...
A saw and a regular hammer should be enough.
Eat the invisible food, Industrialist...it's delicious!
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:22 am

Yeah I just looked we got a sledgehammer and a saw so we got all we need to build a window, to hold the glass we could always use rubber, or you can just leave it out and RP that you put a notch in the frame to hold the glass in. and then put a board up on the frame to close off the notch. You can do this in RL but the wind will go through and right now we don't need to worry about that IG
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:26 am

Perhaps different size windows of the different types of windows out there. Like a large white Monticello window(with wood and lots of glass), and all the types of even more modest windows out there...some with iron frames, wood frames, steel frames, etc.
This can open up the possibility of "closing" And "opening" a wndow and hence letting you see and not see.
trage

Postby trage » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:43 am

Yes and you will have to make a window lock for them. It won't be as hard to make as a normal lock, but it will be something. Oh and I think a hammer and a saw would be enough with wood and glass to make them. It sounds like a good idea to me.

Oh and about the different window sizes. Yeah that might work. Like a bigger window for the halls, a medium for rooms, and a small one for cottages.
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:00 am

Oh and what about those mud homes, they'll be secured humbly with a wooden jammed piece of wood, whilst those iron framed ones used for palaces, will have an actual iron fasten lock, much like those of a door, yet unbreakable?
trage

Postby trage » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:01 am

Hey sounds good Nitefyre :roll:.
trage

Postby trage » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:06 am

Any of the staff have something to say about this?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”