fishing while sailing?

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Nosajimiki

Postby Nosajimiki » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:34 pm

dont need salt or fuel, drying racks make eatable food w/o, and boats can be equiped with them as they are an outside machine... not that I think a drying rack would realisiticly work well on a sea swept boat deck, but hey, it's just a game who cares.
Also, I like the idea of having to stop to fish on a boat. Means profesional fishermen, from say a coastal forest city could make a good living sailing a few hours out from shore into a fishable zone, and loading up, but if you want to actually travel, it would not be timely worth while to leave shore without a good food supply.
#004400 is my favorite color.
Sho

Postby Sho » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:45 pm

The drying rack cannot be built in a vehicle.
Mattayu

Postby Mattayu » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:52 pm

I love this idea and I have an idea... WHy not make it so that There are areas in the middle of the see where you can exit a vehicle you cant drop anyhing and you cant do much except fish and hunt whales?
Cherize

Postby Cherize » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:20 pm

I always thought it wouild be fun to just troll while traveling across the sea. Just imagine the excitement of catching something.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:31 am

It is possible to implement this - and I've said it before...

Make a 'machine' named a fishing pole or net - requireing wood and string and other such goodies.
This 'machine' can only be built on boats.

The machine can be set to create a project which has no requirements, and prodcues fish - at a slow rate.

I've heard that RD really want to wait for fish to be turned into animals, rather than resources as they are now, before they go ahead with new fishing scenarios. But I know that is gonna be a lot of hard ProgD work - so this could be done in the meantime.

Now I hear that people dont want to make sailing too easy.

So, how about making a new type of boat - a fishing boat - requires some metal, some wood, is very slow - and is the only vehilce a net can be ut on?
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:39 am

formerly known as hf wrote:So, how about making a new type of boat - a fishing boat - requires some metal, some wood, is very slow - and is the only vehilce a net can be ut on?

I don't like it that way, I think boats should be as universal as possible, and further upgrades should determine its role. So my suggestion is to make a very heavy machine which wil slow down the ship. Another thing is that boat which pulls a net behind stern, should be really slow, for game purpose - even stopped
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:38 pm

The first steps toward fishing from boats have been completed. Small fishing nets are now available under the Machines build menu and can be built in dugout canoes, rowing-boats, longboats, and dinghies. They will work as salmon harvesters.

Additional machines of this variety will be coming in the future, so no bitching about "why not in this boat?" or "what not catch that critter?" or "I just want to bitch for the sake of bitching!" :wink:

Enjoy!
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:26 pm

Wow.... Nice! :D

Now the dream of one of my chars can become a reality.

Thanks RD/ProgD!
Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Three.... years?????
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:21 am

Great news, if it won't be totally impossible to get the materials together... :lol:
R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:32 am

:roll:
Object: small wooden fishing net
Days needed: 4
Raw materials needed: 1000 grams of thin rope
200 grams of resin
500 grams of wood
500 grams of medium rope
Objects:
Tools needed: needle
knife
hammer

Rope, I guess that was obvious but not the easiest thing to get hold of.. but resin???
R.I.P:

Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
km17

Postby km17 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:37 am

yes resin is a almost cruicial resource in early nets, though ive never seen an early net made of rope :)
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:00 am

Phalynx wrote:Rope, I guess that was obvious but not the easiest thing to get hold of.. but resin???

I have found resin on three (maybe four) populated locations in three language groups. It isn't as rare as one might think. ;)
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:03 am

wichita wrote:It isn't as rare as one might think. ;)

It is easily one of the most common resources in Cantr!
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:34 pm

Talapus wrote:
wichita wrote:It isn't as rare as one might think. ;)

It is easily one of the most common resources in Cantr!

Besides potatoes?
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”