Docking cancellation button, sometimes is or isn't there

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

iavatus

Docking cancellation button, sometimes is or isn't there

Postby iavatus » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:18 am

Docking to a vessel, outside of the instant dock radius. However, there's no way to cancel the docking.

Except for back back back, to another page on the same character, with a cancel docking button visible. Click, and I can cancel docking.

Where's the goof? In the button not being available, or in it being still accessible, when it shouldn't?

PM for more details
Last edited by iavatus on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Wiro

Re: Docking cancellation button, sometimes is, sometimes isn

Postby *Wiro » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:32 am

You shouldn't be able to cancel at a certain %. Going back to click the button shouldn't be possible so that's the part that will likely get fixed.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Marian

Re: Docking cancellation button, sometimes is, sometimes isn

Postby Marian » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:41 pm

I think 75% is the point where you can't cancel. It was to keep from playing the dock cancel dock cancel dock cancel dock game right at the tick when someone's been kidnapped or a ship stolen, I think.

I had no idea the other was a possibility and now I'm sad, I could have been exploiting it this whole time! :P
Kyriel

Re: Docking cancellation button, sometimes is or isn't there

Postby Kyriel » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Perhaps, but unfortunately, if you're out of instant docking range of a moving ship, it's never going to succeed anyway.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Kyriel wrote:Perhaps, but unfortunately, if you're out of instant docking range of a moving ship, it's never going to succeed anyway.

But there's been times I've docked to the harbor when I meant to dock to land, it would have been handy to be able to cancel it and save a couple hours.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Kyriel wrote:Perhaps, but unfortunately, if you're out of instant docking range of a moving ship, it's never going to succeed anyway.
Greek enabled docking to moving ships in the last update: viewtopic.php?p=531264&f=10#p531264

But needing the back button to cancel does sound undesireable.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:20 pm

sanchez wrote:
Greek enabled docking to moving ships in the last update: viewtopic.php?p=531264&f=10#p531264

But needing the back button to cancel does sound undesireable.

I think the point was more that the other ship is moving too, and faster than you. If you can't instantly dock, then at the tick they'll still be out of range and it won't really be possible to catch up.

And being able to cancel at all once you're locked on to your target is a bug, I'm pretty sure.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:46 pm

As I understand the change, docking to a moving ship won't now automatically be cancelled at the next tick, if you were unable to instant dock. So it's not easy, but possible now, to continue docking while both ships are moving. For example, docking a light sloop to a laden raker should continue across more than one tick, even if the attempt will eventually fail.

As far as cancelling the docking yourself, it may be a bug. Wasn't that the question?
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:15 pm

sanchez wrote:As far as cancelling the docking yourself, it may be a bug. Wasn't that the question?

Right, it shouldn't be possible. Being able to use back to get around that was the bug.

Return to “General Support”