Building Ship Cabins Use Different Skills

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Undine

Building Ship Cabins Use Different Skills

Postby Undine » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:07 pm

When my character was building a Medium Ship Cabin yesterday, it used the Building skill. Today he's working on a Small Ship Cabin, and it's using the Carpentry skill. Whaaaat?
Snowdrop

Re: Building Ship Cabins Use Different Skills

Postby Snowdrop » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:14 pm

Really? I wish I could test this out for my character who is rubbish at shipbuilding (the skill shown on the wiki for cabins) because they are awesome at building and...not so rubbish at carpentry :lol: Unfortunately, they don't have enough wood at the moment :(
Undine

Postby Undine » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:22 pm

I just checked with someone else in the location and they're having the same issue, so I think it's confirmed. Unless this is a problem that gets fixed, you'll have a very happy character!
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:28 pm

I just checked, and it's true that medium ship cabin uses the building skill. The small ship cabin definitely uses shipbuilding though, as do all the other ship cabins and cargo holds.

I'll change medium ship cabin to use shipbuilding, but projects already started will most likely still use building skill.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Well, my character has had the cabins set up (without resources) for a while now, so...fingers crossed the building skill sticks for that medium one! :D

Return to “General Support”