Cantr time

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

mrsE

Cantr time

Postby mrsE » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:45 pm

The time system is driving me bonkers (mainly because I don't understand it). And the newbie guide didn't help either. Can anyone point me to a good explainaition of it ?

More urgently though, when does the next turn start so I will get more time? I have only 5 minutes left :(
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:14 pm

Every Cantr hour is three of our hours. Each Cantr hour is a turn. So every three hours, the turn changes. Hopefully. It doesn't always work that way, but it's supposed to. For the most part, it clicks along fine. Unless we get caught in a time freeze, of course. Hope that helps.

It seems there were repairs needed, which have been made. Time will hopefully reset soon. Which is good, cuz I'm down to my last minute. :cry:
Or maybe not. We just had a turn change and the time didn't reset. But don't worry. Jos is looking into it. :) Go Jos go! We have faith in you. :D
If you're going through hell...........keep going!
Former GAB chair, PerD chair, PD chair
mrsE

Postby mrsE » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:42 pm

Oasis wrote:Every Cantr hour is three of our hours. Each Cantr hour is a turn. So every three hours, the turn changes. Hopefully. It doesn't always work that way, but it's supposed to. For the most part, it clicks along fine. Unless we get caught in a time freeze, of course. Hope that helps.

See I thought it was the other way around, that one irl hour was three cantr hours..

seems there were repairs needed, which have been made. Time will hopefully reset soon. Which is good, cuz I'm down to my last minute. :cry:
Or maybe not. We just had a turn change and the time didn't reset. But don't worry. Jos is looking into it. :) Go Jos go! We have faith in you. :D

Yeah let's hope ey? My chars has lots to do today.. places to go people to see.. ;)

When it says we have 200 minutes to play.. how often does that renew then? I haven't had to think about that before since I haven't had many chars before.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:46 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The minutes are back! *big huggles to Jos*
Now everyone, get outta here, and get playin!

Minutes should reset daily, at the same time. 3 am est.
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:55 pm

You should always save a bunch of mins for the next day, I save about 90-100 when I can. So I can play 2 days even if the time doesn't reset.

Conservation is useful. And YAY its turn 8!
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:59 pm

Save time? Are you crazy? Time didn't reset til like 12 hrs late yesterday, and I still managed to use all mine up. My chars are just too darn busy. Social butterflies I guess. :P
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:01 pm

My sanity has nothing to do with this. :twisted:

Yeah, you ought to still conserve. What happens if god forbid, Meh overslept one day and the mins didn't reset. Eeep, what about a whole week? AHHH!
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:58 pm

Then we hack into the game database and reset the minutes ourself, soldier! *draws sabre*

I mean...we would give a pathetic little whine as we shriveled up and died. Except me. Because it would crash when I wasn't around. And I'd take advantage of the all-of-you-not-having-any-minutes-ness.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Meh

Postby Meh » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:57 pm

minutes reset...

the system timed out before when I was trying to do this earlier

Return to “General Support”