question/concern about animal populations

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

watermelonnose

Postby watermelonnose » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:44 pm

I would like to see most of the large animals not stay in the populated areas. They would just pass through. They would constantly be on the move within their natural range: deer would stay in the forest, cows in grassland, alligators in the swamp etc. To hunt you would have to follow them along the paths.
Sho

Postby Sho » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:05 am

I've seen that suggestion before. It's sort of like the rare animals idea on another forum. It seems reasonable, but would people find it worthwhile to chase cows all their lives?
grayjaket

Postby grayjaket » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:23 am

But cows shouldn't move all that often...they're cows.
I just can't stop coming back....
watermelonnose

Postby watermelonnose » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:04 am

These are wild cows we're dealing with not the domesticated ones. They would normally wander about without something to keep them in a particular area. Along those lines I would like to see a way to enclose them in a fenced area and start a cattle ranch.
grayjaket

Postby grayjaket » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:26 am

But still, what's faster? A horse or a cow?
I just can't stop coming back....
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:29 am

Oh with the addition of ropes, what about that rope cowboys use to capture animals on the road... the idea of having large animals constantly on roads, maybe staying one turn on a location, and going forward, but maybe smaller animals like rats, or something can be pretty much permanently on local. This will save a lot animals and keep them alive.
Meh

Postby Meh » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:31 pm

Can you elive we went from not enough animals to what happened in just those few days....

Heh...

Return to “General Support”