Welcome, New Players! (or Welcome Back, Old Players!)

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Re: Welcome, New Players! (or Welcome Back, Old Players!)

Postby SekoETC » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Stan, weren't you the one who played Baron F if I remember correctly?
Not-so-sad panda
Black Canyon

Postby Black Canyon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:03 pm

SekoETC wrote:Stan, weren't you the one who played Baron F if I remember correctly?

You have the right to remain silent.... 8)
“Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:24 pm

This is post apocalyptic Cantr where salvager is a legitimate career path. I like to imagine all my characters wearing oversized sunglasses because Hollywood has taught me that the post apocalypse is unusually bright.

Looking at the world post apocalypticly also makes sense of why everyone is driving cars while using sword and crossbows, and keep silly amounts of tools on their person at any given time.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Welcome to all returners, hope you have fun.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Stan

Postby Stan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:10 am

Seko, ha! Yes. Baron F was my guy. That was a fun character. He had some partners. T and S. Were you one of them?
Stan wrote:I've never said anything worth quoting.
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:07 am

Stan wrote:Seko, ha! Yes. Baron F was my guy. That was a fun character. He had some partners. T and S. Were you one of them?

Hmm... I believe Starlyn ran across several of them and I think F was one of them.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:57 am

No, I was one of his first victims, Maline, and she was the first/only one who ever got away. She broke into a rickshaw or a bike cart because they let her keep a crowbar, and then somebody goes to her and says something like: did you really think you could get away? Go back inside. Then the guy goes inside the rickshaw and starts making a new lock on it. Maline goes back inside but then the guy has to step out of the rickshaw for some reason just an hour short of finishing the lock. Maline goes back outside, notices there is nobody on the rickshaw and steals it. Nobody is outside at the time so they can't see which road she took. Back then, rickshaws could only go on sand roads, so there was only one road she could take, but the chasers didn't know this, so they take the wrong road. She ends up getting away and getting to Sjoftich.
Not-so-sad panda
Stan

Postby Stan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:04 am

That's awesome. So much fun.
Stan wrote:I've never said anything worth quoting.
Moonflame

Postby Moonflame » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:45 pm

You see a quote being pulled from the central area of General Discussion to Welcome, New Players! (Moonflame)
Aduah wrote: I hope to see cantr maybe pick up again. I, myself, am a new player and have been enjoying myself immensely, despite the lack of folks.

I wish there was a way to make it fun and exciting again for some of the old players. Maybe a world wide catastrophe. :P

Welcome, Aduah. It's refreshing to hear such a positive comment.
Please don't assume that the loudest forum voices most accurately represent the playerbase. Negativity often whines the loudest.
"There are precious few at ease
with moral ambiguities
and so we act as though they don't exist"
Aduah

Postby Aduah » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:26 am

Why hello, thank you for the welcome. I LOVE how clever you were with the in game reference.
Moonflame

Postby Moonflame » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:41 am

Aw, shucks.

Out of interest, how did you come across Cantr?
"There are precious few at ease
with moral ambiguities
and so we act as though they don't exist"
Aduah

Postby Aduah » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:50 pm

I was playing FTO (Faery Tale online) Someone in the facebook group mentioned Cantr because the birth Queues for some people were around 300, and also there is still a 1 hour play limit implemented. I think that game is practically abandoned by the developer. I enjoy that fact that its all fantasy, and you are actually born, there is actual magic, and diversity in races (Ie, more than just Human). But the time limit has killed the game. I heard Cantr used to have such a thing. I am glad it has been removed.

I'm not sure when the population of Cantr game started to sharply decline, but I don't doubt that the limit may have had something to do with it. :) Hopefully we can get more folks back to cantr. I do think it could use some changes, More diversity. People like fantasy and like to roleplay fantasy because it is something different than human which we all are. And I think something needs to be done to spice this place up otherwise Cantr might continue to lose player base. And thats sad for such a great game.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Actually there are some imaginative and fantasy rp in some places and it's fun when others can join too. But unfortunately some of us are gloomy and we can't help with it. :mrgreen:
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Aduah wrote:I was playing FTO (Faery Tale online) Someone in the facebook group mentioned Cantr because the birth Queues for some people were around 300, and also there is still a 1 hour play limit implemented. I think that game is practically abandoned by the developer. I enjoy that fact that its all fantasy, and you are actually born, there is actual magic, and diversity in races (Ie, more than just Human). But the time limit has killed the game. I heard Cantr used to have such a thing. I am glad it has been removed.

I'm not sure when the population of Cantr game started to sharply decline, but I don't doubt that the limit may have had something to do with it. :) Hopefully we can get more folks back to cantr. I do think it could use some changes, More diversity. People like fantasy and like to roleplay fantasy because it is something different than human which we all are. And I think something needs to be done to spice this place up otherwise Cantr might continue to lose player base. And thats sad for such a great game.

Pregnant Mothers: 1
Your position in the birth queue is: 1

:mrgreen:
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:06 pm

Cantr's time limit has been gone since before I started playing (except for some glitch where the first day had the original 180 minute time limit but that got fixed after a while). Funnily, it used to display a time limit of 2000 minutes, which is more than the 1440 minutes in a standard 24h day. I think they did that as a quick and easy way to effectually get rid of the time limit. Anyway they got rid of that eventually too, but it was fun to see how many minutes were left before the reset tick ("how many minutes did I waste playing Cantr today" kind of thing lol).

I hear the 3 hour time limit made things really intense sometimes. People logging in, copying and pasting things to Notepad or Word, then logging out and reading the events and coming up with their responses to post really fast. CantrSpy had a more active role in the lives of the Cantriians - it saved them from unnecessary logins and wasting minutes.

Anyway welcome to the game!

Return to “General Discussion”