CantrSpy 2

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Dudel

Postby Dudel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Alright cool... thank you.
joo

Postby joo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:26 am

CantrSpy 2.5.2

To fix an issue which Dudel made me aware of.

Code: Select all

Version 2.5.2
    + Made verbose error messages always display, even if they exceed the tooltip limit.
    + Added descriptive error message for generic connection failure.
HFrance

Postby HFrance » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:02 am

Oh... it'ś complicated with Ubuntu Linux...

Edited:
Sorry. Ignore (problems in my system, already corrected).
Last edited by HFrance on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
joo

Postby joo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 am

HFrance wrote:Oh... it'ś complicated with Ubuntu Linux...

In what way?
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:30 am

AH-HA! I R good tester! :lol:
Hoskeu

Postby Hoskeu » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:39 pm

I wanted to test CantrSpy 2.5.2 on my Ubuntu GNU/Linux box today, but the Cantr game server seems to be down all day. :(

Error #2032 :(

Lets hope the server is moved and up quickly. 8)
joo

Postby joo » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Hoskeu wrote:I wanted to test CantrSpy 2.5.2 on my Ubuntu GNU/Linux box today, but the Cantr game server seems to be down all day. :(

Error #2032 :(

Lets hope the server is moved and up quickly. 8)

Were you getting that message with v2.5.2? It should display something similar to "Could not connect to server" in the latest revision.

Also, it's good to hear that the GUI apparently functions on a Linux system.
Hoskeu

Postby Hoskeu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:26 am

joo wrote:Were you getting that message with v2.5.2? It should display something similar to "Could not connect to server" in the latest revision.

Also, it's good to hear that the GUI apparently functions on a Linux system.

I get that message when I move my mouse pointer over the icon in the system tray. Now its telling me "No activity".

Is it possible to play a sound when there is activity spotted? Like when you receive new e-mail kinda thing. Its not that I am addicted, :oops: but I just don't wanna miss any activity. :lol:

EDIT:
Maybe its nice to double click on the system tray icon to open the player page. You can say that I am just lazy, :o but right click on system tray icon and than left click the menu is 2 actions. :twisted:

Great application by the way! 8)
Works great on my Ubuntu box! :D
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:24 pm

The other version of CantrSpy does the very things you are asking about, Hoskeu.

http://forum.cantr.org/viewtopic.php?t=16378&start=90

Also has the ability to "ignore characters". Remember the version you are using now is "beta" and joo is lazy.
joo

Postby joo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:34 pm

Dudel wrote:joo is lazy.

Indeed.

I am still planning to implement an event sound, however the double left click is probably reserved for opening a dialog to show more information (like in version 1). I may cause the player page to open in response to a double right click though, as before.
Hoskeu

Postby Hoskeu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:29 am

I don't know how it all works with previous versions, this is the first one that I try. It was just the first things that came to mind. :oops:

When you first login, there is a check box with the option to start the spy at startup, that seems not to work for me right now. I dont get the icon in my systemtray till I click the launcher on my desktop.

Nice proggie, saves me much useless "refresh time". (Yes, I am lazy) 8)
joo

Postby joo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:36 pm

Hoskeu wrote:When you first login, there is a check box with the option to start the spy at startup, that seems not to work for me right now. I dont get the icon in my systemtray till I click the launcher on my desktop.

When you start the application again after checking the box and closing it, is the box checked?
Hoskeu

Postby Hoskeu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:35 pm

joo wrote:When you start the application again after checking the box and closing it, is the box checked?

When I "exit" the application and startup again, the icon appears on the systemtray.
When I "logout", I get the Login screen and there both checkboxes (Run on startup and Remember details) are checked.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Perhaps its just a Linux puck up?
joo

Postby joo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm

It could be something wrong with the OS, or the AIR runtime, or my application. I cannot do anything about the former two, except maybe to try and find a workaround.

When I "exit" the application and startup again, the icon appears on the systemtray.
When I "logout", I get the Login screen and there both checkboxes (Run on startup and Remember details) are checked.

Do you have some facility (similar to the Windows Task Manager) to see a list of processes running on your system? Can you see if the CantrSpy application is actually running without a tray icon, or just failing to run on startup?

Return to “General Discussion”