RP praise!

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

cutecuddlydirewolf

Re: RP praise!

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 pm

James of Seatown and Peyton of Plakeur. You two are great. :wink:
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:49 am

My praise goes to En Kell. She paints the perfect villain picture: She believes she is doing right but does more harm than good, in my opinion. Her emotes are detailed and fleshed out as well.
"My most traumatizing moment was being stuck in a cage without ice cream. Also I eat my hamburgers like I eat my hockey pucks."
RevanXXXIII

RP praise!

Postby RevanXXXIII » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Bréanainn f*cking Phrixus. You are the best, man. Truly a joy to rp with.
BosBaBe

Postby BosBaBe » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:15 pm

Revel Straits. When I rp with you, I am taken back to the Cantr of 5 years ago. Great RP, great character. I can't give too much away but I love him.

Captain En Kell. You make my blackened heart sing. I wam to snuggle up with her besides the fire as we roast marshmellows over the world the crew set ablaze to the backdrop of raucous laughter and chagrinned screams.
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Lyson Brightly is great at staying consistent, and I really admire how fleshed out this character truly is beyond first impressions!
"My most traumatizing moment was being stuck in a cage without ice cream. Also I eat my hamburgers like I eat my hockey pucks."
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:15 am

ToxikCoffee wrote:Lyson Brightly is great at staying consistent, and I really admire how fleshed out this character truly is beyond first impressions!

I second this one. Well done Lyson. You are a joy to rp with.
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:28 pm

Posting for a friend:

Anonymous praise to Barracuda Farkus Flounder for being positive and funny, even in the middle of nowhere!
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:37 am

Feral Feral. This character I find is truly unique, striking a balance between wild and civilized.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Arrrr! You're all interesting and fun, I don't even need to give the names. :mrgreen:
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Wed May 01, 2019 1:38 am

Posting for a friend that wants to remain anonymous:

Peyton in Plaekur Shores, for being the most inclusive character I've met so far, and great to rp with.
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Mon May 13, 2019 10:06 am

I can't stop, so how about Yury of Plaekur Shores? Very interesting guy, and interactions with him are meaningful.
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Thu May 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Sorry for the double, but I've got another! Horace Borgby. His emotes are stunningly detailed! Well done to his player!
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Okay, triple post, and I'm sorry, but something to consider.

Lately we've all been bashing and hurting one another. Over and over again. We've devolved, in my opinion, from a friendly community into a civil war. Nowadays it's either you support the pirates or you support the consistent peace. Why are we even fighting in the first place? The very homepage of Cantr II states you can choose to be a villain, and that's all En Kell is doing. She's playing the villain, but because she's different, everyone hates her.

I'm my school's only transgender student and I'm gay in a 95% white school. On top of all that, I'm also Hispanic, even if I look white. I'm bullied to no end because of my differences. I even hold an unusual political stance in my school. Therefore I understand what's going on, and it's not good or growth-oriented at all.

So please, let's stop the pointless fighting that is getting us nowhere. Our already dwindling player base is shrinking even quicker because of it all. And I know we can all agree: Cantr II needs all the players it can get these days.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:15 pm

While I agree with the spirit of your post, it really isn't RP praise and should probably have been a thread of its own.
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:52 am

ToxikCoffee wrote:Okay, triple post, and I'm sorry, but something to consider.

Lately we've all been bashing and hurting one another. Over and over again. We've devolved, in my opinion, from a friendly community into a civil war. Nowadays it's either you support the pirates or you support the consistent peace. Why are we even fighting in the first place? The very homepage of Cantr II states you can choose to be a villain, and that's all En Kell is doing. She's playing the villain, but because she's different, everyone hates her.

That's not the reason why so many players dislike her at all. Cantr had way worse villains in the past and the players were well received in the community even with said villains. You should read again some of the complaints against her before pointing fingers at an entire gaming community. There's accusations of cheating in general, OOC coordination, distasteful RP done without consent from the others, public sex RP within that group and a lot more. While I'm sure PD is doing as much as they can to address each report, there's a large group of players feeling targeted for OOC reasons and they won't feel less targeted because you and another two or three players are trying to bully them out of complaining.

I also agree that this is not RP praise and should go somewhere else.

Return to “General Discussion”