Murderer and Psychic 2!

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Murderer and Psychic 2!

Postby Snickie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:33 am

Welcome to the Murderer and the Psychic, Round 2!!!
As is tradition and so to not confuse rounds with each other, new rounds get their own topic. So let's get started!
A quick rundown, for those who missed the first round.
Snickie's friend Kelly wrote:Who — the host, a murderer, a psychic, regular members

What — The murderer kills one person off by round (can be either regular members or the psychic). The psychic tries to hint in the thread who the murderer is by pointing to clues that are hidden in the scenes that the host(s) writes. The trick is that the psychic needs to act like a regular member and arouse no suspicion so that the murderer doesn’t kill him/her off. Once the psychic is gone, s/he’s gone for good for this game. The regular members also try to figure out the clues though they have no indication of whether they’re guessing right or not — the psychic doesn’t necessarily need to guess right, s/he just needs to make logical connections.

How — There are as many rounds as can be done. The game will either end because the murderer has been voted off (and therefore cannot kill anyone anymore) or because the murderer has made it to the end of the game without getting voted off. Voting will be done by PMs. You PM the host(s) with your vote of whom you think is guilty of being the murderer and the votes are all tallied up. If there is a tie, no one gets voted off. It doesn’t happen too often though, so usually there’s one person voted off every round. One thing to remember is that voting is crucial! The murderer will still kill people whether or not someone gets voted off that round, and if you don’t vote…if the murderer decides to vote and his vote is the only vote, then his vote does indeed make it that an innocent person is voted off. Really guys. We need to get this ebil murdurur here. Let’s not be counterproductive.

When — As I said, there are rounds. Before the first kill, the host usually writes a short and sweet (or lovely and long) introduction scene showcasing all of the people that will be playing M&P this game. It’s just a fun thing that sets the scene for the whole game. Past games have dealt with going to an amusement park (and getting murdered!) and going to a haunted house (and getting murdered!). The setting is basically anything the host feels like writing. After the introduction scene and after getting a few comments on it (it’s always nice to garner interest), the host posts the first murder scene. Everyone who’s playing (but the host and the person who just got killed off) discusses the murder and what he or she think the actual clues are — the host/murderer is allowed to put false clues in to trick everyone. There’s a deadline that the host will set for sending the votes in for whom you think the murderer is, and to send your votes in, you PM the host (or hosts if there’s more than one host). The votes are tallied and either another murder scene is written if someone gets killed off, a capture is written if the murderer gets voted off, or a safe scene is written if there’s a tie/no one gets voted off.

Just a few things to clarify that the summary up there didn't.
* If somebody is murdered or voted off, they have one last post on here, something of a "Goodbye, cruel world" type post, and then they can't post here anymore or comment on clues because they are dead. Non-players can't comment on clues either.
* Technically, you can discuss clues and stuff outside of this thread even if you're dead, since nobody, not even Jos or Doug or EchoMan, can really stop you. But it's not recommended since the suspense and intrigue are part of M&P's charm, and if everybody knows who everybody is, then it's not that fun anymore.
* If you want to be the murderer or the psychic, PM the host. It's pretty much first-come first-serve, though the immediate response to your PM will be something cookie-cutterish like "You will find out if you are the murderer/psychic a few days before the intro is posted." so there's less room for speculation on who gets it based on time they posted on the thread. (I hope that made sense. xD) But if you really want the position, PM early!
* Yes, the host can get voted off. But they still have to write the scene, so you can't truly get rid of them. How terrible, right? xD

I think that just about covers it. It's not actually as complicated as it looks. If anybody has any other questions, go ahead and post them here.

Ally and I are co-hosting this round. I didn't actually want to cohost this time, but Ally kind of insisted, so.....
This means all applications and votes should be sent to both of us, preferably simultaneously so we don't have to compare PMs to see who PM'd first and whatever.

Here's a good example of the last round of M&P they had on that forum.
Cya6

Re: Murderer and Psychic 2!

Postby Cya6 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:22 am

um, do I just post here to sign up?
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:39 am

I'm in.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Count me in, too :)
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Vega

Postby Vega » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Well, there is a lot I don't die. In.
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Tyson

Postby Tyson » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm in
freiana

Postby freiana » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm in!
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
mikki

Postby mikki » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Im in this time.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:30 am

SO far we have:
Me
Ally
Cya (tentatively)
Wiro
Bmot
Vega
Tyson
freiana
mikki
Capespear
spaztikko

That's the same number as last time. Applications for the murderer and the psychic are officially open now. ;D
freiana

Postby freiana » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am

Bump??
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:08 am

another day or two for applications and hopefully another player. 10 would be a good number. But we do need to get this going before interest fades.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Spaztikko

Postby Spaztikko » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:36 am

ok i'm down.
freiana

Postby freiana » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm looking forward to it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Capespear

Postby Capespear » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:42 pm

*attempts to slide in under the wire*

Did I make it? Am I in? I want to be in. Let me IN! Please. If I'm in time.
Spaztikko

Postby Spaztikko » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 pm

bump. letsw do this/

Return to “Forum Games”