THE HUNT

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Dogonabun

THE HUNT

Postby Dogonabun » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:08 am

( Shamelessly ripped )
This is a game of strategy and persuasion. Use your wits to counter your opponents, and then go in for the kill.
A far-off hunting club on tropical isle sahez is looking to find the most daring and cunning hunter alive. Pick your friends, and your foes carefully. Take a sip of wine- it may be the last one you have.
HUNTERS:
Tangential (13 points)
Mikki (17 points)
Trexdino (29 points)
Frenchfisher (0 points)
Cantfreak (16 points)
Tiamo (17 points)
Eliminated:
Zanthos (13 points) Day 2 dictator decides by Cantrfreak.
Joo (0 points) Day 3 weakest link by Trexdino

Rules:
Each Round you will select which animal you will hunt. The list below informs you of all seven animals, what is required to succesfully hunt that animal, and how many points that animal is worth.

Cheetah - If only one person hunts this animal, he/she will be successful and earn 16 points. If more than one person attempts to hunt this animal, the Cheetah will be scared away and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Lion - If two or less people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 13 points. If more than two people attempt to hunt this animal, the Lion will be scared away and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Hippopotamus - If six or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 12 points. If five or less people attempt to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Elephant - If five or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 10 points. If four or less people attempt to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Rhinoceros - If four or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 8 points. If three or less people attempt to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Giraffe - If three or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 6 points. If two or less people attempt to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Zebra - If two or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 4 points. If only one person attempts to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and the hunter attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Warthog - Anyone who hunts the warthog will automatically be successful and will automatically earn 2 points.

Each round you will have the oppurtunity to hunt one animal. This will then determine how many points you will earn. Your points stay with you throughout the entire game and will continue to grow (unless of course, you continue to get 0 points each round). Not all seven animals will be available to hunt each round, I will inform you ahead of time which animals are available to hunt during that round.

After each round there will be an elimination. I will roll a dice, the result will determine how the elimination will occur. There are three possible ways for the elimination to occur.

Vote Off -- Each person will cast a number of ballots equal to however many points they have. Whoever recieves the most ballots will be eliminated. (For example, if you currently have 6 points, you will be given the oppurtunity to cast 6 ballots). The person with the highest points is immune from recieving any ballots. If multiple people are tied for highest points then nobody is immune from recieving any ballots.

Dictator Decides -- Whoever currently has the most points will get to decide who is eliminated. In the event of a tie a dice will determine which one of the leaders gets to eliminate someone. If there was a tie, the leader may not eliminate anyone who has as many points as they do.

Weakest Link -- The person with the lowest amount of points will be eliminated. In the event of a tie, the person who recieved the lowest points in the most recent round will be eliminated. If there is still a tie we will go back a previous round, etc. If a tie continues to exist then the current point leader will get to decide which to eliminate.

The game ends when only two people remain, and both will be declared the winners.

If you miss a deadline during a hunt you will do nothing and gain 0 points. All choices will be made in private, via PM, to me, which means it is possible to lie about who you will hunt- backstabbing galore! Communcation is allowed inside, and outside, the thread. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will be accepting a maximum of 10 hunters and a minimum of 7 hunters. Best of luck! In order to apply simply post in the thread. First come, first serve. Please be prepared to be active. Keep in mind that I encourage suggestions to the game- don't be afraid to voice your opinion.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Last edited by Dogonabun on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:55 am, edited 13 times in total.
Stupidity is relative.
Tangential

Postby Tangential » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:35 am

All in.
mikki

Postby mikki » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:45 am

Me too
Zanthos

Postby Zanthos » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:55 am

In
Person: Akamada doesnt control the animals.
You see a wild boar attack Person.
Person: I still dont believe you.

<Spill> Oh, I enjoy every sperm to the fullest.
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:20 am

Interesting, a game system with lots of potential! I suggest the elimination starts after 3 or 4 rounds, not 1 round, so players can settle a bit, and hunting strategies can evolve before being cut off by the voting.

I'll try this one.
joo

Postby joo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:54 am

I'm in.
trexdino

Postby trexdino » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:15 pm

*sigh* Care to start it again when I get back?
When you hope for something, you often believe in something. When you believe in something, you often have pride in it. Being proud often leads to a hating of some group.
As you can see, the Jedi are hypocrites.
Dogonabun

Postby Dogonabun » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Tiamo wrote:Interesting, a game system with lots of potential! I suggest the elimination starts after 3 or 4 rounds, not 1 round, so players can settle a bit, and hunting strategies can evolve before being cut off by the voting.

I'll try this one.

Eliminations begin on round 2.
Stupidity is relative.
CantrFreak

Postby CantrFreak » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:23 pm

I'm in.
frenchfisher

Postby frenchfisher » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Weird. I'll try.
Dogonabun

Postby Dogonabun » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:09 pm

That's 7 people. I will be giving a deadline of 24 hours to sign up- after that, it's go-time.
Stupidity is relative.
Dogonabun

Postby Dogonabun » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:46 am

The deadline has been reached!

All the contestants step off of their private planes onto the fabled island Sahez, on the runway next to the island's owner's manson.

A large screen on the wall flares into life.

Contestants! I am glad to see you have all arrived at my mansion. Please, make your way inside. You will find suitable bedding, as well as refreshments and entertainment. Make yourself at home.
When you feel ready, head outside. I trust you all brang suitable weaponry with you. Today, all animals are available- the fabled island remains untouched by violence!
Remember- you must tell me, personally, what you shall hunt. What you tell your other contestants- that is entirely your decision.
Stupidity is relative.
CantrFreak

Postby CantrFreak » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:41 am

*A semi-tall, lean man walks out of his plane and looks around. His servants come behind him and make his way into the manor.*

I think I'll hunt a cheetah. Highest scorin' points.
Dogonabun

Postby Dogonabun » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:50 am

Please remember- there is only ONE of each animal. Sorry, I don't beleive I had that cleared.

Edit: Oh, the day is ended in 60 hours. All people who have not sent in any orders to me, personally, will receive 0 points at that time.
Last edited by Dogonabun on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stupidity is relative.
CantrFreak

Postby CantrFreak » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:52 am

Dogonabun wrote:Please remember- there is only ONE of each animal. Sorry, I don't beleive I had that cleared.

[OOC: I figured. It wouldn't make much sense though... I still hunt a cheetah. :P

Return to “Forum Games”