Olympic Mafia - Game Over! GOOD WINS!

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Tangential

Olympic Mafia - Game Over! GOOD WINS!

Postby Tangential » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:36 am

OLYMPIC MAFIA

I'm still fairly new to the game of Mafia, but I'm not one to be boring, so I'm putting a new twist to this game. Be warned that I'm intending to make this game more fast paced. The twist to this game is there will be only one winner and the rest of the people who are alive will be runner ups based on task completions. In addition to trying to stay alive in this game, each person will complete a number of different tasks that I will supply to each player. The person who completes the most tasks and is still alive by the end of the game is declared the winner. Because the mafia has the advantage of staying alive easier, they will be given slightly more difficult tasks to complete compared to the others. Here are some examples of tasks:

- Find a reason to stick your hand in someone's pants while staying in character without being slapped or punched
- Get Tangential lynched on Day 1
- Find a way to get called an 'idiot' by at least 2 different people

Each person will be given a list of tasks to choose from. Each list will differ from the next so each person doesn't have the same list of tasks as each other. Some people may have the same task, but they will not have the same list of tasks. A person may not request additional tasks until all their tasks have been attempted; however, in some cases, this can be debatable and I may give additional tasks if some old tasks are in the workings of being completed. I will keep track of it a person completes a task successfully or fails the task, but the player will have to PM me completed tasks just in case.

Advice: Do not make it obvious when you RP that you are trying to complete as many tasks as possible. That will make you a target of the Mafia. Play smart.

BASICS: (taken from some past threads)

Those who wish to take part in the game, must be active. If there is a problem with inactivity on the player’s part, the other players can petition to have a replacement, if possible.

When voting, the vote or unvote + name of player MUST be in bold. Ex: vote Tangential

Ties of votes will be broken by longest held vote. If two or more persons have the same number of votes by the end of the day, then the person with longest vote (earliest casted vote) is lynched.

Once 75% of the votes are announce, a lynch deadline of 24 hours will be announced by the moderator. When that deadline is past, all votes are locked in place and the day's results will be announced. NOTE: Should a day take too long to reach a majority vote, the moderator will arbitrarily set a 48 hour countdown.

Players MAY NOT private message another in this game unless they are Mafia Members.

EVIL wins if AT ANY TIME the number of mafia members (traitor not included) is equal to the remaining number of GOOD players.

GOOD wins as soon as the last Mafia member dies.

When a player is killed, their alignment (GOOD or EVIL) will be revealed. The GOOD player’s role will not be revealed unless instructed by the Forensic Investigator; however, the EVIL player’s role will be revealed.

For this game only, I request there be NO ALL REVEALS.

ROLES

EVIL (Only Mafia Members, not including the Revolutionary, can communicate with each other by PMs. Mafia Members will know who’s in the mafia and all appear evil to the detective)

1 Hades aka Mafia Godfather: (Head of the Mafia, the Godfather is the one who gives orders for one kill each night. The Godfather can communicate freely through PMs with the rest of his/her mafia)
0-1 Eros aka Mafia Roleblocker: (The Mafia Roleblocker can choose a person each night to block his/her role through distraction so that that person may not successfully complete their power. Eros will know if the target was planning on going out that night to perform a power)
0-1 Cerberus aka Mafia Jack of All Trades: (The Mafia Jack of All Trades will be given 3 possible powers to use during the night. The difference between the Jack of All Trades and the Inventor is that the Jack of All Trades can choose which power to use. However, once that power is used, it cannot be used again
Possible powers: Detective - can learn the person's role; Roleblocker - can block someone's power; Bomb - can become a bomb if anyone uses their power on him/her. That person will be killed; Bulletproof - can evade all orders done on him/her that night and will get a list of names who have done any orders on him since the start of the game
)
0-1 Apate aka Revolutionary: (The Revolutionary knows from the start who the mafia members are, but the mafia do not know about the Revolutionary. The revolutionary's job is to successfully kill off the Godfather and when done so, will take the place of the Godfather. The Revolutionary cannot communicate with the mafia and can only win with the mafia)
0-1 Achilles aka Mafia Ninja: (The Mafia Ninja has the power of stealth. If he/she if is the last one to vote for the lynching of the Bomb, he/she will not be killed. If the Ninja is targeted by the thief, the thief will not be able to steal anything from him/her. However, the Ninja can still be detected by the Detective.)

GOOD

1 Zeus aka Detective: (can investigate a person each night and finds out if the person is good or evil)
1 Apollo aka Reviver: (only once per game can the Reviver successfully revive someone during the night)
1 Heracles aka Hero: (the hero can choose someone to protect each night. But if the protected person is attacked, then the hero dies instead)
1 Poseidon aka Forensic Investigator (The Forensic Investigator will be immediately informed of what roles a dead person has. It will be up to the FI to choose whether to reveal it anonymously to everyone else.)
1 Hermes aka Thief: (Each night, the Thief can steal an item related to a person’s role. In this way, the thief not only learns what power the person has, but also strips them of their power for that night. If the thief successfully locates the detective, the thief may message tips to the detective through the moderator)
0-1 Aphrodite aka Roleblocker (The Roleblocker can choose a person each night to block his/her role through distraction so that that person may not successfully complete their power. The Roleblocker will know if the target was planning on going out that night to perform a power)
0-1 Ares aka Vigilante: (Once per game, the Vigilante can kill someone during the DAY)
0-1 Nemesis aka Bulletproof: (The Bulletproof cannot be killed at night and can only be lynched. If the Bulletproof is targeted, he/she will be given a list of potential suspects of who tried to kill him/her. In that list will contain the name of the real killer)
0-1 Chaos aka Bomb: (If the Bomb is killed by anyone, then the killer dies also. If the bomb is lynched, then the person who casts the final vote on him/her dies also)
0-1 Morpheus aka Inventor: (The inventor is given 2 possible powers to use each night. The inventor cannot choose which power to use, but can choose who to use it on. One of the 2 possible powers will be randomly preformed on the target)
0-5 Deities (regular good deities of Olympia)

Since this game is still role playing and the setting is in Olympia, please stay in character to the mythological time frame. Don't try to act like the role you have (though this should prove hard to do because acting like some mythological diety is difficult since there's not much knowledge as to how they behaved). Just act like regular Gods or Goddesses. No modern stuff please. I don't want anyone pulling out AK-47s or cell phones.

Also, Try to refrain from saying "Detective" and use the proper God's name "Zeus". This might be difficult, but please put in an effort as I want this game to be RP'ed. For the most part, each deity has a role that matches what they are the symbol of. For example, Heracles really was the hero in Greek mythology.

If anyone has any suggestions, please voice them. I'll take every thing into consideration. Thanks!

1. Mikki - Lynched Day 6 (EVIL Hades)
2. Dogonabun - Killed Night 4
3. Money
4. Bowser - Lynched Day 3 (EVIL Cerebus)
5. Trexdino - Lynched Day 4 (EVIL Achilles)
6. Frenchfisher - Killed Night 2 (Heracles)
7. Toon - Lynched Day 2 (Diety)
8. Joo - Killed Day 2 (Ares)
9. Saztronic - Killed Night 3 (Zeus)
10. Voltenion
11. Sparkle - Killed Night 5
12. CantrFreak - Killed Night 1 (Hermes)
13. Zanthos - Killed Day 2 (Chaos)
14. JoshuaMonkey - Lynched Day 5 (EVIL Eros)

Game Over!
Last edited by Tangential on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Dogonabun

Postby Dogonabun » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:46 am

This is a really cool idea, I love it. I'm in.
I'd suggest that there are 2nd and 3rd placings, for people who are alive at the end but have completed less challenges.
Stupidity is relative.
Money

Postby Money » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:51 am

Ill play! I am so tired of being killed off in the first round that I shall keep trying every game of Mafia till I do not die in the first round!
mikki

Postby mikki » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:55 am

How about the second? :wink:
Money

Postby Money » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:57 am

Still need to make it to that round :D I must sit still wrapped in blankets before I can crawl Mikki.
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:59 am

vote Money

I'm in
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
trexdino

Postby trexdino » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:14 am

I am totally in on this one.
:( I had an idea fro another one two. Pirate Mafia. Maybe that one later :D
When you hope for something, you often believe in something. When you believe in something, you often have pride in it. Being proud often leads to a hating of some group.
As you can see, the Jedi are hypocrites.
frenchfisher

Postby frenchfisher » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:25 am

I'll play :)
toon

Postby toon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:32 am

I'm in...
joo

Postby joo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:03 am

As am I... and I'll try to participate this time.
Tangential

Postby Tangential » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:59 pm

Dogonabun wrote:I'd suggest that there are 2nd and 3rd placings, for people who are alive at the end but have completed less challenges.

:) Granted. I'll do that.
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:24 pm

I'll give this one a shot. It's been a while.
I kill threads. It's what I do.
Voltenion

Postby Voltenion » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Count me in. And I want the "Find a reason to stick your hand in someone's pants while staying in character without being slapped or punched" task please xD
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
Voltenion

Postby Voltenion » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:58 pm

bah... it was suposed to make you select the message... :/
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Don't give Volt the hands in the pants one cause I'm sure I will loose that one. lmao :P

lol You know I'm in and as devious as I am I'm sure I can get you boys to do quite a few things. Plus I'll be a Goddess, bow down to me!! :twisted:
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl

Return to “Forum Games”