Working title: Otherworld

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Ahrta

Re: Working title: Otherworld

Postby Ahrta » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:09 am

I both like and hate this idea all at the same time.....

Ok in all honesty it makes sense, and I do think it should be this way for resting, but the impatient childish side of me really liked the unlimited travel
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:22 am

SekoETC wrote:So as of yesterday, we have automatic resting. This means that manual resting will be removed soon. Some of you may have noticed a "test value" posted at the top of the character page. This is how much AP you regenerate in a real life hour. It's affected by multiple factors but I'm not sure if I should reveal them or let you figure them out ingame. Once manual resting gets turned off, you will need to change your traveling strategies, because you won't be able to generate unlimited AP. If you wait 5 hours in real life, you will have maximum AP and can move long distances at a time, or you can move a shorter distance every hour.

Things that will happen next are most likely automatic healing and growing of crops.

Wondered what that was

Finally found flint :twisted:
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:06 am

I'm considering that if you have traveled a certain path before, you should be able to repeat it automatically without requiring to log in every hour (or even every five hours). But it would only work if you have taken the exact same path before. If you wanted to stray from it, you would have to do it manually. Not sure what would be the best way to implement this.

Congratulations on finding flint. Do you have granite or rhyolite yet?
Not-so-sad panda
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:46 pm

I think it would be useful if people would post alternative versions of what the game could look like. Not specifically in terms of graphics but more like layout and which features to include on which page. Many people have been using it for months, so there might be things that seem clumsy but you have just shrugged them of as "meh, that's just how it is". But things can change.

For example, Greek pointed out that not having an event log means missing something major, so there should be an event log, but it should be visible when doing most basic things, so how to fit it on the page and still leave enough space for the rest of the contents? Some of the pages are already pretty long, like Activities but there might be room for a sideways split, at least when not on mobile. Also the Timelines page needs re-purposed because it served a bigger meaning when there were still individual timelines and now it just shows when people arrived and left, whereas an event log would already cover that.

All events would be in third person instead of having different events for "you do something", "something is done to you" and "you witness two other people interacting". This is because you are not your character. Different events will have a different radius of view, so if someone does something on the other side of the map, you won't hear that.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Non-Forum Games”