Wayward

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Misato

Re: Wayward

Postby Misato » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:58 am

Agreed. I want a stone door! lol

Oh! You can do it! Did you check for caves?
ImageImage
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:08 am

I haven't noticed any cave entrances when I've wandered around the mountain before, but...some are hidden by rocks, and you have to smash them first... I'm just hoping it will give me an idea of where to go smashing rocks to discover an entrance! I'm not going looking just yet though, it's night so very hard to see, even with a torch. Nights are soooo long.
Misato

Postby Misato » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:17 am

Digging into the rocks is great for finding cave entrances. Just dig out a tunnel and block it with a door, then just dig away until you find one. ^_^ A few times I've dug out 4-5 cave entrances just a few spaces apart from each other (which is amazing if you block each of them off; if something does happen to get into your rock house you disappear into a cave and pop out another entrance. lol).

I just killed my first kraken, and zombie! Yays! :D
ImageImage
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Misato

Postby Misato » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:20 am

I just made a backpack...put a bunch of stuff in there....and now every time I try to take anything out "an error has occurred". :x I want my stuff back! :cry:
ImageImage
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:23 am

Ah, shoot...I had hoped it was just the small bag that did that... Try reloading the page to see if it fixes it? Otherwise...I guess you'll just have to dump the backpack somewhere and replace the stuff you put in - I hope it wasn't really important stuff?
Misato

Postby Misato » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:29 am

Reloading worked, thankfully. *whew*

I had a lot of food in there, extra glass bottles, iron weapons and tools...yeah, that would have sucked. lol
ImageImage
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:37 am

Um, yeah...definitely important stuff!

Update on the treasure hunt, I moved around the mountain a little and got told I was in the exact spot, however, it's telling me that on several different tiles, so, not really all that exact, after all? :|

Edit: Aha! With a bit of rock smashing and digging in the dirt, I discovered the cave entrance! Knackered now though, gotta go sleep! :lol:
ObsessedWithCats

Postby ObsessedWithCats » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:10 pm

I have to start a timer whenever I play this now, because otherwise reality gets left behind >_<
Misato

Postby Misato » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:12 am

No kidding, I didn't sleep at all last night! Finally had to take a nap around noon today; got a few hours sleep and went right back to the game. :shock: Can't...stop...playing.....so tired... lol
ImageImage
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:49 am

I died :(

I never did find that treasure... I went inside the cave, stayed right by the entrance and tried to decode the map, it told me I was really far away - yet, stood just outside the entrance and I was in exactly the right spot, so...yeah, I'm guessing the treasure wasn't in the cave, but under some other rock there...or in the ground, or...something :| I'll never know...

I got a little bit swamped by zombies and imps, fended them off but was poisoned by the last zombie - I was just a few tiles away from my store of medicinal stuff when it got the better of me. Damn it. I was doing so well, and I loved that island. I miss it so much :cry: Going to take a couple of days off to grieve for losing such awesomeness and catch up on some telly online instead.

Good luck in your games, guys!
Misato

Postby Misato » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:33 am

I've died so many times, and only ever got near the treasure once before I was killed (usually by being poisoned or burned). A few times I've had mining and lumberjacking up to 100% with a giant home carved into the rocks. It makes me want to throw my laptop out the window every time! :x :lol:

Any tips or strategies that worked for you guys would be very helpful and most welcome. ^_^
ImageImage
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:19 am

Well, when I try again, I'm thinking that once I have at least 2 containers, I'll keep one medicated especially for if I get poisoned...
Misato

Postby Misato » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:17 am

So I'm doing pretty good this time around...and I'm supposedly right on top of the treasure. But I dig and dig and dig, and mine and mine and mine...and I can't find anything! So frustrating! :x lol
ImageImage
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:55 am

Yup...completely.

Only had the one bottle so far this play, and it only had refined sand inside :(
I had iron easy to find early on this time though and a nice big sandstone mountain already hollowed out in the middle to give me a good headstart. I did have a harpy seem to spawn inside my home in the rocks though...that took me by surprise on my return from gathering wood or whatever it was I had been doing :lol: Was easy to kill though. I'm just worrying about coming across a fire elemental now I've gone past that talent level...
Misato

Postby Misato » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:30 pm

If you have a set of iron armor, the fire elementals are easy enough. I killed my first one yesterday.

So, apparently there's an option on the shovel for gathering treasure. :oops: I will win this game if it takes me a lifetime! :lol:

Also, enemies can spawn inside any of your homes unless you lay down floor tiles.
ImageImage

Return to “Non-Forum Games”