Wayward

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Snowdrop

Wayward

Postby Snowdrop » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Only played for the first time today, and died after the menu I was going to click on disappeared and caused me to click on the ground, therefore walking forward straight into the campfire...swimming to then soothe the burns didn't work :(

I guess it's a Minecraft style game. Survival and crafting. I enjoyed despite the frustration.

http://www.unlok.ca/wayward/
Misato

Re: Wayward

Postby Misato » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:43 pm

I never should have clicked the link... :shock: Completely addicted now, even if it is annoyingly frustrating. :x
Where did they hide the treasure? I needs it!
ImageImage
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:07 pm

I know, right! :lol: I had to share the pain... :wink:

As for treasure, well, I believe you're meant to find maps to locate it, but...I think you get them from message in a bottles, that are dropped when you kill krakens...and they're really tough... :|

I did stumble across a message in a bottle once - but unfortunately when I opened it, the paper went to mush, so I hope that just means it was never anything important, rather than me having done something wrong...

The more dangerous creatures spawn as your character gets more talented though, so a good tip is to find somewhere to set up a camp and focus on getting a shelter with a couple of doors - you can dig a route through a group of rocks, for the least amount of work. In my current game, I came across a partly built log cabin! :D It happens to be right in among a forest with a large mountain just behind it and the sea just in front of it (but even better than that, there's loads of little streams and pools of freshwater right around it!) Oh, and practice your fighting on the spiders, rats and rabbits...and fish, if you see them. It's quite satisfying to punch a trout...
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Man funny little game, even funnier to get killed by a spider :lol:
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:03 pm

How did you get killed by a spider :shock: They're one of the easiest to kill!

Or, did you spawn right next to one and it killed you before you had a chance to arm yourself with anything?
sherman

Postby sherman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Snowdrop wrote:How did you get killed by a spider :shock: They're one of the easiest to kill!

Or, did you spawn right next to one and it killed you before you had a chance to arm yourself with anything?

Tried daily survival thing and spawned right next to one. :D
-Erwin Rommel-
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:02 pm

Oh, yeah...that daily survival thing always throws you right in the deep end. Try being chased by a bear and two wolves, see how long you can survive! (That sounds like the wilderness of Cantr, right?) :lol:
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Eeek! This play is definitely going better! I just killed a bogling and then also a bear! I killed a bear!! :mrgreen:
sherman

Postby sherman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:05 pm

I managed to kill spider only to get killed by Kraken. Geez that sneaky bastard waited for me to finish spider first! :lol:
-Erwin Rommel-
Misato

Postby Misato » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:39 pm

I haven't been able to kill any krakens yet. :( But I've found several messages in bottles on the shores, some are maps and some are instructions, but I've never been close to the treasure. Then as soon as I try to move from my comfort zone (I tunnel into the rocks and block the entrance with a door) to try to find another place to set up, I get chased by krakens, wolves, bears, boglings, ghosts, skeletons...pretty much everything chasing me at once. No fair! *pout*
ImageImage
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:43 am

ARRRGGGH! A Kraken got in my cabin! I ran inside to be safe from it, but then, somehow, while attempting to repair tools, I accidentally picked up a wall piece - it just so happened to be the one the kraken was right outside of! :shock: In my attempt to set it back down, I then accidenntally dropped it instead and the kraken was then in the space where it dropped.

Thankfully, I do have a second room, so I'm just trying to figure out the best way to try and kill it.

I did also accidentally set my cabin on fire when I was trying to light a torch - krakens are vulnerable to fire...but it didn't seem to be afraid of that!

Edit: I killed it! I killed with fire! Awesome! Fish steaks for dinner! :D
Misato

Postby Misato » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:05 am

Ooh, I gotta remember that. One big problem I have is the fire elementals burning through my door and getting inside. I haven't been able to kill those yet either. :/
ImageImage
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:32 am

Ooo...dear, I've not encountered any of them yet (I think I might have briefly in a daily survival, but that doesn't count because I hadn't had a chance to find/build a shelter and was being chased by practically everything!)

I guess I better start building stone walls around the outside then? Not that that helps with the doors though...
Misato

Postby Misato » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:42 am

Yeah, like I said-I've been tunneling into the rocks, but the fire elementals burn through the doors after a while. Also...stone walls don't keep ghosts out either. T.T
ImageImage
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:50 am

Why is there only one type of door...that's just silly :lol:

I just got a map from an imp...apparently I'm 'within walking distance' but I'm not quite sure what that actually means - the whole island I'm currently on is within walking distance, really... :?

Return to “Non-Forum Games”