Old browser game

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

bnlphan

Old browser game

Postby bnlphan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:28 am

Back when I first played. In the time limit era. There was a browser based game that a lot of the people here played. Simple game that used stick figures I think. I remember a lot of the people in the irc channel played it. Any one have any idea what I'm talking about?
Mastering the fine art of sleepworking
SekoETC

Re: Old browser game

Postby SekoETC » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 am

Kingdom of loathing, maybe? It has stick figures but it's not simple.
Not-so-sad panda
bnlphan

Postby bnlphan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:02 am

That's it :) Thank you Seko.
Mastering the fine art of sleepworking
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:06 pm

For a few years, I've only played during Crimbo season, but after last Crimbo, I ascended to try out one of the special challenge paths, had my second fastest run ever (although it still took two weeks), so I ascended again to try the most recent challenge path. I think Class Act II is good for people who don't have many permanent skills because you get to start with all the skills of your own class and then you can evaluate which ones are most useful. The downside is you can't do cross-class things, like reagent pasta or most chefstaves.
Not-so-sad panda
Xander

Postby Xander » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:55 pm

I remember KoL, I used to play it but that was years ago.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:06 pm

Here's the story of my most recent ascension, although for some reason I have two days I have no record of.

Class act II as a Pastamancer

Day 1: Did quests for levels 2-3, slug lord's map, dr hobo's map, meatcar, one shore trip to get a scrip but not spending it yet, unlocked hidden temple, broke the walls to two chambers in the bat cave.

Day 2: Unlocked the last chamber in the Bat Hole, got the Haunted Library key, got the epic weapon, unlocked Cobb's Knob, fought in the cola wars until it closed, wasted several turns trying to farm for a nightcap drink in Barroom Brawl but didn't get anything good. Then I realized I can make vodka and cranberry, and whiskey and cola, which apparently don't cost a turn to make.

Day 3: Bought a mushroom field, killed Boss Bat, did White Citadel quest, got Harem Girl and Knob Goblin elite outfits, started Friars quest.

Day 4: Finished Friars quest, started on Pandamonium quest but didn't have time to finish it. Got dinghy plans and tried to farm hippy camp for pants but they didn't drop.

Day 5: Finished the Crypt, started the Trapper quest, did the daily dungeon.

Day 6: Did Barrrney's Barrr and daily dungeon. Unlocked dungeons of doom. Spent some time farming for the components of an old-fashioned because I'm planning to make a chefstaff.

Day 7: Got pirate fledges, farmed the kitchen for spices, finished the mountain quest, built the bridge, finished oil peak.

Day 8: Felonia quest, penultimate airship, finished Twin Peak, farmed for a box and a brain to make a bartender, unlocked ground floor in the giants' castle.

Day 9: Finished giants castle, did most of the Hidden city.

Day 10: Finished the hidden city, Lord Spookyraven, Palindome up to wet stew, started the island war.

Day 11: Beat Dr. Awkward, did the buried pyramid, got 6/9 of the dungeons of doom potions.

Day 12: Fought more in the war. Did the 8-bit realm since I forgot about that earlier. Also did the hole in the sky. I forgot to advertize the jam band much, so I'm going to set up the guy made of bees, although that's going to take some time.

Day 13: Beat the guy made of bees, finished the war, finished A-Boo peak (only used one clue, by the way). Farmed for a W and an n to make the wand. Farmed for a south of the border item for the gates. Managed to zap for the keys so I only needed to buy one. The first tower item I needed was a sonar in a biscuit, which I didn't have. I only had 9 adventures left and all full and max drunk. I went to farm for it and found one on the last turn. Still, it's going to take me one more day to ascend.

Day 14: Finished the tower and beat the Sorceress on first attempt. Overall it took maybe 15 adventures, including having to train a goat at the arena. After breaking the prism, I pulverized a bunch of stuff. Overall, it was cool that I didn't need to use love songs at all because the spells were so powerful and it was easy enough to generate MP.

Apparently I took 16 days, so either I skipped two days without noticing or forgot to write about them.
Not-so-sad panda
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Class Act as a Disco Bandit

Day 1: I picked astral shorts and energy drinks. Joined the guild (the task was to steal your own pants, then continued at the sleazy back alley until reaching level 2, with the exception of a few turns in the pantry. Did the level 2 quest and unlocked hidden temple. Built a meatcar. Took one shore trip to reach level 3. Spent some turns in the barrel full of barrels to get drinks. Ran into a mimic and ran from it, fortunately survived because the star sign gives 20 extra HP. Got some booze from the tavern cellar and upgraded them. I also sold the pork elf gems because I was always running out of money. Now I could buy a coctailcrafting kit. I made a blended frozen swill, only to notice I would need to be level 4 to drink it. Same thing with an ocean motion. Well, I'll be level 4 soon enough, but since I only got one coconut shell from the summon, I should drink my other monkey wrench. Spent two more shore trips so I can buy the dinghy plans, and now I'm level 4. I've been eating rat appendix kabobs. I built the dinghy but now I'm almost out of money again and too weak to adventure on the island yet, so not very smart. I broke the walls at the bat cave and fought against a few bodyguard bats, using all the love songs I'd managed to summon today and gaining about 1500 meat. Went to the misspelled cemetery and managed to get beaten up by the first grave robber. Later I managed to get Fernswarthy's key and unlock the temporal rift. Only had time to spend a few adventures there before running out. I bought some class skills because I have too much mp. At the end of the day I had 700+ turns of Disco State of Mind cast because I didn't have anything else to do with my MP. Spend some turns coctailcrafting while falling down drunk.

Day 2: Today is the Feast of Boris. I won't get the increased stomach capacity but still get to encounter monsters and eat what they drop, yay! Fought some turns in the Cola Wars, beat the boss bat. I made a bone rattle after I got a skeleton bone because I needed a one-handed ranged weapon. I did the pretentious artist quest because I really needed the money from rat whiskers. Went to fight some hippies. I got a -50 item drops disease from a hippy so I spent two trips at the shore. I was finally able to make a bartender in a box. I started the friars quest but didn't get any of the items yet. Overall lots of bouncing around today, and still too much MP.

Day 3: Got the steel margarita. Beat Beelzebozo. Beat the goblin king. Started working on the crypt.

Day 4: Did the daily dungeon. Finished Doc Galaktik's quest for herbs. Unlocked the library. After losing twice to the Bonerdagon, I used my semi-rare jar of stench to get +50 stench damage, which against a spooky monster is doubled. Killed it in one hit. The experience from the chest was enough to take me to level 8. I got a pirate outfit. Started the trapper's quest. I bought a mushroom plot now that I'm not so low on meat anymore.

Day 5: Finished the trapper quest. Spent some time on the white citadel quest but it just wouldn't give me the second non-combat. Spent some time in Barrrney's getting insults, but then I accidentally got overdrunk. At least I got some stats from it.

Day 6: I got pirate fledges but I have nowhere near enough mysticality to equip them. Also worked on white citadel quest when I was too wounded to adventure at the F'c'le. I also finished it because it would be good to have the lucky rabbit's foot for the orc chasm quest. Built the bridge. Did the daily dungeon again. Adventured in south of the border until I had 4/7 items, maybe that will be enough. Adventured at the dungeons of doom until I got the wand. By that point, I had all of the potions except one, so maybe I won't need that one. Did the oil peak. Did the haunted library to unlock upstairs. Also finished A-boo peak. Did most of Twin Peak.

Day 7: Finished the Highlands quest. Did the Rof L'm Fao quest and kept adventuring long enough to get a lowercase N. Then I did the bugbear pens since I needed to kill time before leveling up. Then I continued in the valley of Rof L'm Fao because I still wasn't level 10. Did the airship. Got beaten up by a giant. Twice. Then I finished the quest. Then I got beaten up a third time. I still haven't gotten the rocketship. Spent some time in the haunted bathroom, said guy made of bees once. Went back to the giants castle every once in a while and finally got the rocketship. I spent 3 turns in the hole in the sky but it's rather tough at this stage, even with hairspray.

Day 8: Set up the guy made of bees. Got Spookyraven's spectacles. Then I remembered I hadn't done 8-bit realm yet, so I had to go back and do that. Made a wand of Nagamar. Got all the stuff from the hole in the sky. Also spent some time in the airship, mainly when I was too wounded to adventure in the hole. Unlocked the ballroom and continued there until reaching level 11. Unlocked the wine cellar and the hidden city.

Day 9: Did the Hidden city and Palindome. Also made a pagoda because it didn't cost that many turns and it gives me 3 extra turns a day. Killed Spookyraven. Started on the desert.

Day 10: Finished the desert, did the buried pyramid. Then I was already level 12, conveniently. Started the frat war. I did the arena side quest and later started on the orchard, but got unlucky with the drop rates.

Day 11: Finished the filth worm quest. Spent the whole day in the war. Did the farm but skipped the brigands because I don't have many things that would boost meat drops.

Day 12: Finished the war. Did the Naughty Sorceress quest. I had to spend a lot of time leveling up familiars, although I could also use pet buffing spray and love songs of icy revenge. I also had some trouble unlocking the knob shop because I forgot I had to wear an elite uniform for that. Then I also had trouble finding black pepper earlier, but I eventually got it by zapping ancient spice. This is my fastest ascension so far.
Not-so-sad panda
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Trendy as a Pastamancer.

Day 1: Today is the festival of Jarlsberg, which means regenerating MP and skills taking less MP to cast. Did Dolphin King's map, the artist quest, although I don't really need the pail with the Dolphin King's crown. Also spent sometime outside Camp Logging Camp. Did the miniquest that gives the ring of half-assed regeneration, which fortunately went really quickly. Started on Marty's quest in Little Canadia but it's pretty tough for a level 4. Made a meatcar. Unlocked Fernswarthy's ruins.

Day 2: Spent some time in the Cola Wars, and in Barroom brawl, got beer lenses, unlocked the fun house, made a bartender in a box. Had to spend some time farming for a chef's hat. Also made a chef in a box. Did most of the bat cave.

Day 3: Beat the boss bat. Then I had to go back to unlock the hidden temple. Did the Friars and did most of the Azazel quest.

Day 4: Got the digital key and 4 red pixel potions. Got the Liver of Steel. Did the Crypt, except for the final boss, since he would probably be too tough at this point. Did the junkyard to get the junk junk to get to the island. It's cheaper than doing shore trips. Got a pirate outfit. Started hunting for a hippy outfit and trying to get Spanish flies at the same time.

Day 5: Did the white citadel quest and got a hippy outfit along the way. Also got lion oil, but no bird ribs. Did the trapper quest. Beat the Bonerdagon. Got the rest of the herbs for Galaktik. Worked some on Marty's quest again, since I didn't have better things to do.

Day 6: Finished Marty's quest. Chez Snootée has triangular CRIMBcookies for sale today, which are marked as awesome, so I ate as much as I could. Now I conveniently reached level 9. Did Barrrney's Barrr. Made the bridge, completed A-Boo Peak, did some of Oil Peak, but I'm planning to move over to Twin Peak now, just in case I could get the troll britches, then I could get monster level up to 20 and finish Oil Peak faster.

Day 7: Cleared Twin Peak really fast. I got dress pants, so that sped up Oil Peak. Got a lowercase n from the valley. Got pirate fledges in record time. Got most of the dungeons of doom potions. Did the daily dungeon.

Day 8: Did Penultimate Airship, Giants' castle and the hole in the sky. Did the daily dungeon again. Made a filigreed hamethyst ring. Got Lord's Spookyraven's spectacles and ballroom key.

Day 9: Prepped GMOB, kept training in the haunted bathroom until reaching level 11. I did the new Copperhead quest but it probably would've been faster to do the pirates instead. Did the Palindome and started on the hidden temple.

Day 10: Did the Hidden City. Did Lord Spookyraven, which was relatively fast. Did the desert and started on the buried pyramid.

Day 11: Finished the buried pyramid. Farmed the barrel full of barrels for booze. Started the war as a hippy, did the filthworms and McMillicancuddy's farm. Got past halfway on the brigands but it's going to take a while.

Day 12: Finished the brigands. Did the flyers quest with the GMOB, which only took two turns. Finished the war, although The Man was sort of tough. For the lair I had to spend like 12 turns south of the border to get the gate potion and four turns in the giants' castle to get the other item. Made a stone banjo to get past the mariachis. I managed to beat the Naughty Sorceress with only one turn left. Now I should stay in aftercore until I reach level 14, so I can get Flavor of Magic.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Non-Forum Games”