Godville

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

EchoMan

Re: Godville

Postby EchoMan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Commands don't work.

http://wiki.godvillegame.com/index.php/Resurrection

Unfortunately, there is no influence a god can give to resurrect a pet. Heroes must resurrect their pet themselves during the time periods in which they normally pray. They can only do this by visiting a priest in some place of worship and paying them a hefty fee for their services. This amount of gold can be calculated with the formula below:

Gold needed = 450 * level of pet

Strategies for resurrection

The god cannot influence the resurrection of a pet, but they can certainly do a lot to create the necessary circumstances:

during hero's travels to or from the town, send "dig for treasure!" voice; every now and then, the hero will find a treasure chest with a few thousand gold coins, or a bold artifact which will fetch quite a bit of money at the trader;

sometimes (but rarely), the Voice of God is delivered as a shower of gold coins lining up into a message; the coins, unsurprisingly, end up in the hero's pockets;

one of the possible bonuses for completing a quest is a significant sum of gold;

the hero tends to receive a significant chunk of money when he visits a town, either as followers' donations, or as his share of guild profits (so it is generally advisable to keep the hero in a particular guild for as long as possible, so he can achieve significant rank and hence the right for a greater share of guild profits);

win a battle in the Arena (to gain all the opponent's gold).

Remember though that once the hero has over 3000 gold, a god's influence made during the hero's travels (not in the Arena) may randomly turn these into a gold brick, so influencing becomes counter-productive if you are trying to save up for a pet's resurrection.

Unfortunately, the hero isn't smart or determined. He will do his best to waste all that hard-earned money on food, drinks, parties, or sucky rock concerts. Fortunately, there are a few ways to prevent him from doing so. The hero bypasses his drinking routine if:

The hero returns from the Arena. Sending the hero to Arena is easy... but remember that he may lose the fight, along with all the hard earned money, and you have to start all over again (risking running out of time before the hero buries the pet);

The hero returns to Godville after completing the quest AND his health bar is in the red;

The hero has an aura of abstinence.

Generally, the safest way is to urge the hero to complete the quest ("Complete quest faster!") and then nag him to search for treasure ("Dig for treasure!") during his trip to Godville.
Indigo

Postby Indigo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:24 pm

I read that. I was referring to mentioned commands such as "complete quest faster" or "dig for treasure" :roll:
I'm starting to think my hero is deaf besides dumb.
Someone wrote:Being dark is an intelligent interpretation of the fabricated world, made up from our heads, there to tempt and play with us
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:42 am

Indigo wrote:Name Nessie
Species sun dog
Level 2
Age about 1 day

My hero Lomina's third firefox is named Nessie, who has a lucky personality. After
Lomina reaches the next level, 33, she won't be able to get another firefox because she will be at the next tier of pets (Biowolf, Bipolar Bear, Dandy lion, or Trojan Horse). None of those sound as cute as the first tier pets. I wonder whether each tier has a different set of randomized actions.
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Well poop. I didn't know it would kick me out of the guild after idle time. I thought being cardinal would stop that. I guess not.
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:29 am

Started out today, seems pretty okay to be played with Cantr. :)

The sky split open and I glimpsed a formidable, bearded face. It said, 'Worship your lord.' That was creepy!

Laughed hard. :D

Return to “Non-Forum Games”