Shores of Hazeron

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Oob

Shores of Hazeron

Postby Oob » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:47 am

Shores of Hazeron is a free to play massive multiplayer sci-fi sandbox online game that is set in an almost infinite universe.

"In SoH you create your creature then either join an existing Empire or create a new one. If you start a new one you start from scratch. You have to elevate your civilization from nothing. Forage materials to build a town. Then a city. Electricity. Computers. Engines. Rockets! Then you reach space! Start a colony on a nearby moon, find what you need to create more complex spaceships. Design said ships from the ground up, colonize some more, design and build gigantic spacestations. Go to other solar systems in search for new planets to colonize. Maybe you even find a binary system, or a system with a ringworld!"

Wow!! :D

Shores of Hazeron
Armulus Satchula

Re: Shores of Hazeron

Postby Armulus Satchula » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:53 pm

The graphics look like hell. That being said, the idea looks awesome. I'll be trying it out tonight.
Cantrvingeon

Postby Cantrvingeon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:34 pm

I am desperately trying to play this game. It has not been easy. The first four hours after logging in and creating a character were spent trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong or if the game was just too laggy to play. There are no sounds or graphics to let you know that a keypress has been accepted, so there is a lot of clicking on resources over and over without even knowing if you have selected the right pixel to harvest from. The lag is truly fantastic and sporadic, so even when it seems you are going to be ok, your character might suddenly stop moving or worse still teleport into limbo. I finally gave up, only to read the wiki and be inspired to try again. This morning saw my efforts rewarded! In 3 hours, I had a functional character who was able to make a flag and a road before getting stuck partway through the shoreline of his island, causing him to stick on every elevation change and making further resource collecting impossible. Trying to recall caused another stint in the limbo screen again, after which 3 reloads finally found my character in a stable enough environment to stare bleakly at a pitch black screen, as night had fallen on his world in the meantime. When day finally broke, it was just in time for some more lag. I gave up and tried to join an already existing empire, but the character screen just freezes indefinitely each time I have tried. The concept of the game looks incredible and I have not entirely given up, but this has been a very frustrating experience. If I had not noticed a user named AlladinSane in the rosters I might have stopped trying long ago... have any other Cantr2 players had any success whatsoever with playing this? How did your efforts turn out, Armulus?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm just going to say here and now that Cantr II's Alladinsane does not play that game. I knew it to begin with, but I just now asked him anyway.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:27 am

I have never heard of it. 10years ago, there were two Alladinsanes on the net that I could turn up in a search....the unique thing being the doubled L's. I haven't done the search again...maybe I should for kicks and giggles sometime. I really don't play anything but cantr anymore. I have some awesome software just collecting dust now...the people I have met and the generally high quality of the storylines keep me transfixed.

Now find that imposter, invade, kill, sabotage or use whatever types of debauchery you can think of to make him give up one of his L's.

Be well
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
hyrle

Postby hyrle » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:07 pm

I actually stumbled across that game in the past, and my experience was similar to Cantrvingeon's. Just wasn't playable for me, so I dropped it and moved on.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”