Torn.com

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

randognsac

Torn.com

Postby randognsac » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:26 am

Free, text based MMO. Big active community. I have been playing this game for 866 days. Which is the only other game besides Cantr that has kept my interest for so long. It's a game where you can spend 5 minutes a day or several hours, hatever you choose. You login do crimes for money, train your character. There are lots of things to do from running a company, buy/sell items, trade, stockmarket, gamble, bet on real world sports games, etc... I still haven't done everything that is available. They have monthly competitions most of the time to. Very fun imo, but kinda tough for a n00b. I can help you, register with this: http://www.torn.com/register.php?XID=862993

Shameless plug for me, but I don't care if you use that to register. But if you do you are automatically placed on my friends list. That way I know you are trying the game out. I can help you with cash, property, a faction and friends. If it wasn't for Torn, I'd be going crazy without Cantr.

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think. I hope to see someone there. :D

EDIT: I forgot to say, even if you register without my referral code, you can find me on the search feature with the name randognsac or my ID#862993.
randognsac

Re: Torn.com

Postby randognsac » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:00 am

Meh.
randognsac

Postby randognsac » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:41 pm

There are a lot of imitators, but this is the original. It's been around for 5 and a half years.
randognsac

Postby randognsac » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Anybody?
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 pm

You login do crimes for money, train your character.

That's where you lost me. I think the crime genre has been pretty exploited to death lately. Might be an awesome game, though. Dunno. I'll just sit here with baited breath and wait for my Cantr.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
randognsac

Postby randognsac » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:18 pm

I know the type of game is made by the hundreds. But most try to copy Torn, but they fail miserably. Torn is the original, with a great player base. People that have been there for over 2000 days. And a constant flow of new people. I've tried some of the others and they fail. With a steady influx of updates the game is ahead of the pack. I think I like the whole economy and how it effects everyone the most. Crimes and training are just a tiny part of the game.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”