Other games similar to CANTR?

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

NancyLee

Re: Other games similar to CANTR?

Postby NancyLee » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 pm

That's a real pity, that kind of role play is really boring for a newcomer (and for some of the "oldies" too :lol: ), but having something else running on to "catch" newcomes' eyes is a duty of the rest of players, in my opinion, and most of all, one of the tasks that a tribune should take care of, at least I did it when I was in that charge and it was really fulfilling and funny searching for ideas and stories to start new playes role playing in the forum.

I've only been in the Hispanic, French (madly funny war rp-ing) and Italic kingdoms by this far, but I should leave the convents one of these days and sail to Ireland, I'll be snooping around their forum, not that my english allows me to do proper role playing there, though, but I'm a little curious about what's going on around there.
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
Hedgedhogst

Postby Hedgedhogst » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:40 pm

NancyLee wrote:not that my english allows me to do proper role playing there, though, but I'm a little curious about what's going on around there.

If English isn't your first language, I'm impressed. You speak better english than most english people.
I've noticed the same group of people being at the top of the political stand for a darn long time. Because nobody ever backs down from the position, nobody else ever gets the opportunity to experience it. We're mostly left to just watch from the sideline, and hope that one day, our vote matters.
Grow corn, sell corn, eat. That's what I'm reduced to. My RK experience on a daily basis is to click 7 buttons and close the tab ready for tomorrow. :lol:
3431-5.19: You novicely kill a badger using a bare fist.
4037-4.03: You expertly kill an elephant using a crumbling bone spear.
NancyLee

Postby NancyLee » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:48 pm

That was really sweet, but I sometimes get frustrated trying to roleplay my english char because of the language :oops: Guess I'm improving, though.

Back on topic: I guess it differs on each kingdom, but in some places people just don't want to get involved in something that means nothing but doing some work that most of people won't see or notice. I've seen both sides of it: since I liked struggling with numbers and was good a it I've been bribed when no one else wanted to do that stuff (in my circle we still laugh at the "I'll clean your house for a week if you sign for another 2 months" and that person is now playing cantr and I'm thinking about getting paid... just saying) because there just weren't people enough to form the 12 members counsil and also I've seen spells when people didn't even share their experience or knowledge with the newcomers and were even reluctant to give them their "seat", discouraging them to get into politics.
But all in all, when I left the government, the university counselling and that stuff, the general trend was that most of people didn't want to get into that world.
Also, now the levels 4 receive luxury points from holding some public jobs which is an incentive for them to do that work.

I really find it a pity hearing that your experience reduces to that click click tamagotchi state, I've spent wonderful hours playing that game, crying with laughter a thousand times and I feel somehow in debt and want everyone else to have the same experiencie, which is quite lame indeed, but I just can't help it xD

You've made me really curious to see how are things going in other kingdoms (:
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:29 am

Ugh Rennaisance kingdoms! I can't stand that game! I played it 3 years!
But, one day an evil crown-headed idiot arrived to Finland and blew the democracy far away and started to destroy the lives of the people that opposed king!
Well, that lead eventually to a political mess Royalists vs. Liberalists

Glad, i was with Liberalists.
- We stole 2 ships of 'royal Finnish navy' and still got away with it, har, har!
- We did a barricades and assembles in front of kings castles and shouted for Freedom. Justice and Commodity!
- We did revolutions on town's halls many times! We made the life of Army and the Royalists pure hell!

How did the hit us back?

Sad, they where Royalists
- King hanged 3 important liberalist great thinker and leaders of the political party.
- They exiled people that where daring to show their minds.
- They beginned the 'cold civil war' by not declaring the liberalist party as 'lawful and right to be'

So, It was 1458, january. Liberalists Declared an revolution for the Republic of Finland against the Kingdom of Finland!
Congratulations it has all gone wrong. Rest you can imagine
Nathan89

Postby Nathan89 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:08 pm

love that game! So you quite cause you lost a civil war? It happens.
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:07 am

Nathan89 wrote:love that game! So you quite cause you lost a civil war? It happens.

It happens?

Yeah. Losing a civil war really does great. Yeah! I can arise again to power and prestige. :twisted:
Nathan89

Postby Nathan89 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Then you leave. You gain outside support and come back. Giving up is just..pathetic. I play the game. Its hard. But giving up is madness.
Bleacher

Postby Bleacher » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:13 pm

You can check this out, I'm sure everyone would like it.
http://www.battlemaster.org

Battlemaster is set in a low fantasy middle ages where your characters are nobles and lords. Its quite similiar to Cantr that there is no pre-written history, our characters create it. Great PvP, RP environment and most of all completely free. You start in a realm of your choice as an almost unknown noble and rise to power by gaining honour and prestige.

Another great feature is that there are different gameworlds (called Continents IG) to suit your style of play. There is scope of play for people who love to play slow or play in a Seriously Medieval Atmosphere continent or a continent where Hell's creatures have taken the fight to humanity.
Check it out!
The Storm is coming!
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Bleacher wrote:You can check this out, I'm sure everyone would like it.
http://www.battlemaster.org

Battlemaster is set in a low fantasy middle ages where your characters are nobles and lords. Its quite similiar to Cantr that there is no pre-written history, our characters create it. Great PvP, RP environment and most of all completely free. You start in a realm of your choice as an almost unknown noble and rise to power by gaining honour and prestige.

Another great feature is that there are different gameworlds (called Continents IG) to suit your style of play. There is scope of play for people who love to play slow or play in a Seriously Medieval Atmosphere continent or a continent where Hell's creatures have taken the fight to humanity.
Check it out!

Looks nice... But what a stupid rule that you can't join with a hotmail address... :x
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Bleacher

Postby Bleacher » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Once there were a lot of spam accounts with hotmail address.. That caused it. Do you have gmail or anything else?
The Storm is coming!
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Now I do... :roll:

Find it is hard to start this... I found it easier with cantr :)
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Bleacher

Postby Bleacher » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:24 pm

Do you need any help? Just PM me, I'm ready to help at all times. Have you created an account already?

Also if you want, you can play an adventurer. They are the bastard son/daughter of the noble family. They find a living from the bounty of hunting down monsters and undead and the only ones to find or forge rare and powerful and prestigous artifacts. A complete different experience than playing a noble. And just like cantrian spawning, the adventurers spawn at age 20 at a random place in the continent you chose.
The Storm is coming!
Xander

Postby Xander » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Are you the person who was OOC advertising the game in Blerk Hills earlier?
Bleacher

Postby Bleacher » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Yeah.. Sorry man, I was a bit careless then. Shouldn't have posted it IG.
The Storm is coming!
Shihad

Postby Shihad » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 am

It's less the roleplaying aspect and more the crafting aspect but the game Movoda.net is pretty good. It's fun to have up in the background while I'm at work just mining or whatever you decide to do in the game. Basically it's like Cantr in that you start with almost nothing and you are thrust into the world with no skills. You can do a wide variety of things like mining, smithing, cooking, spellcrafting etc.. Little to no RPing though. It's as if Ultima Online and Cantr had a baby.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”