Other games similar to CANTR?

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

DylPickle

Re: Other games similar to CANTR?

Postby DylPickle » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Snickie wrote:I have a friend who's trying to get me to play Minecraft.
I spend too much time on Cantr to dedicate myself to any other games at the moment. :p

I actually just started playing minecraft yesterday. It's incredible. Nuff said.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:42 am

The first time I hit a cavern on Minecraft, it... was just the most awesome experience. Exploring dark tunnels, underground rivers, running from zombies and skeletons and spiders, building spiral stairways down into darkness, redirecting lava to flow around my castle fortress like a giant river moat. Some of the things they do in the mods on SMP is pretty wicked, too.
Comy

Postby Comy » Thu May 12, 2011 9:25 pm

I gave in to peer pressure from my brother and picked up Minecraft for the boyfriend and I yesterday. I'm too jumpy to play this damned game xD. Also, I have this tendency to excitedly run toward creepers when I see them during the day.
Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow...
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Mon May 16, 2011 5:46 pm

I've become pretty awesome at the game. I have my own server as well. I've dug to the bottom of the map and survived coming back. I have a portal to hell in my house. Hell is a bad, bad place. I've not mastered it yet.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm

My friend (he's more interested in the "crafting" of MineCraft than fighting off the creepers and whatnot, so he plays on peaceful mode) built an artificial mine last night, and he was showing it to me this morning. And then he dug out a room while looking for iron and other resources, and while he did that, he found a river of lava, and on the other side of the room, a staircase of bedrock.

Aaaaand then he went and sealed off the room with cobblestone, and said it was useless. :roll:

I want this game.

I want to build an underground city, one that goes so deep that the lowest floor is bedrock, and a huge castle on top of it, one that extends into the clouds. And try to redirect any lava streams I find up to the mainland where I build an artificial mountain or something, and make it into a lava-fall or something like that. :mrgreen:
Miri

Postby Miri » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:18 am

I think I'll try out minecraft after all... :roll:
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:44 pm

I've been trying to keep a tab on a little upcoming game called Salem.
Supposedly it will be this open world witchcraft/witch hunt game with a player driven economy, crafting, spellmaking, open map building, and permadeath.

The creative director recently did a somewhat poorly organized livestream of a pre-alpha build, but it could be worth keeping an eye on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPI6z1Ts1nk&feature=BFa&list=WL42E80E2A955039F7&lf=mh_lolz

Most importantly, the game's intended to be free. Neat stuff.
Miri

Postby Miri » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:17 pm

They're the guy who made Haven & Hearth, aren't they?
Xander

Postby Xander » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:25 pm

I used to really like Minecraft, but I can't play it at the moment for some reason, I think it has something to do with the graphics.
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Miri wrote:They're the guy who made Haven & Hearth, aren't they?

Yes, I believe they are.
Hedgedhogst

Postby Hedgedhogst » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:05 am

I used to be a great fan of renaissance kingdoms last year. The problem with it was that there was NOTHING to warrent more than five minutes of gametime a day unless you 'just happen' to stumble upon another player in a tavern (irc).
3431-5.19: You novicely kill a badger using a bare fist.
4037-4.03: You expertly kill an elephant using a crumbling bone spear.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:14 am

I've played that game, too, and ran into the same problem you did. Granted, there are three versions of the game, but playing all of them just got repetitive. Finally I was just like...meh, this is taking up Cantr time and not really getting me anywhere. So I quit.
Mr. Black
Location: Fighting bandanna-wearing AK-47 firing pickles in Zimbabwe

Postby Mr. Black » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Whatever happened to reveri.es? I wanted to do that.
PLAYER STATS

NAME: Mr. Black
LIKES: Hard rock, metal, playing both, Cantr, the internet, and whiskey.
HATES: His apartment, lizards, snakes, being told what to do.
STR: -2
AGI: -10
INT: +10
RCK: >9000
NancyLee

Postby NancyLee » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Hedgedhogst wrote:I used to be a great fan of renaissance kingdoms last year. The problem with it was that there was NOTHING to warrent more than five minutes of gametime a day unless you 'just happen' to stumble upon another player in a tavern (irc).

Well, the "soul" of the game is roleplaying in the forum, and if you get into politics you sometimes wish the game could warrent some less time xDDD (yes, it's extremely freak, but I remember being with a friend well armed with beers and calculators trying to do previsions and calculating some formulas to improve some politics for HOURS, and enjoying it madly). I've played for... ¿3 years? More if taking in count my first char, but the last one in almost strict "stand-by", as masterekat said, it takes up Cantr time.
Also the guy that brought me here was a RK player, for more years in his case, and the guy that brought him and so on, among with some mutual friends, so I guess that game is a kind of "new players provider" for Cantr xDD

I do still think is a nice game if you enjoy writing, but in my case it was the opposite than in yours: it started taking too much time, so I just cut off.
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
Hedgedhogst

Postby Hedgedhogst » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:03 pm

I have started playing it again recently, but it seems even more slow than it was last time. I do watch the forums with intent, but there's rarely anything other than personalised role play and politics. Both of which Don't really suit a newcomer who's got no real overview or friends.
The first few months of playing are just tedious, and dull... And the tavern seriously sucks. 8)
3431-5.19: You novicely kill a badger using a bare fist.
4037-4.03: You expertly kill an elephant using a crumbling bone spear.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”