Other games similar to CANTR?

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

BarbaricAvatar

Postby BarbaricAvatar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:52 am

Genie wrote:I checked FTO but you have to wait to born as someone's baby..This is not good..

If anyone's hoping to get into FTO in the near future, forget it.
FTO is a fantastic example of why birth in games such as these is a dumb idea. FTO would be the logical next step for a Cantr player when Cantr's either down or gone, either the developer is too stupid to realise this, or he doesn't want more than 100 players at any one time (i doubt he's even got that now).

Dee wrote:I couldn't sign up for Cantr and then I signed up on FTO but I'm number 218 or something in queue so I'm very bored so someone please suggest a good game?

I signed up on 20th of January, i've advanced 33 positions in the queue in 7 weeks. At the current rate, i'm looking at 5 months before i can try out the game then realise the developer has no common sense and quit.
And with a queue number of 218, you're looking at 10 months to a year before you can try out the game then realise the developer has no common sense and quit.

Funnily enough the queue advancement has gone down. After a couple of weeks, i calculated i'd be playing within 4 months from the signup date, that's now increased to 5 additionally to the 2 months that have already passed.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
Taralyn

Postby Taralyn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:49 pm

I have signed up for FTO but looks like I'll be waiting forever for a character. I like the birthing idea but it really should have been put in once there were enough established players to make it work.

Waiting anything more than a few days is only going to lose the game potential players. I dont think it has been very well thought through
chase02

Postby chase02 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:57 pm

BarbaricAvatar wrote:FTO is a fantastic example of why birth in games such as these is a dumb idea.

The way FTO has implemented it, yes, at least while they build to a critical mass of players. The way I'm implementing it, no. :)

FTO's queue has slowed due to the increased pregnancy time and at least one of the mothers dying. Obviously as those currently in mature, things should speed up. I agree the wait is completely over the top - I've been waiting since January also. I'll wait it out, but you can see enough of the interface/commands from the help files in the portal (before getting a character) to make a decision on whether it's worth waiting for or not.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:38 pm

You don't get pregnant with every attempt and it's a bit awkward mating when your 6 living children are watching. If there are only two living mothers in the game then things are likely to be slow. I don't know how old the first colony kids are but it might take a while before they get to breeding age and even then it might be weird for brothers and sisters to mate with each other.

If I made a game similar to FTO, there would be NPCs to ensure people can find parents even when the human players aren't breeding fast enough.
Not-so-sad panda
Dee

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:00 pm

I agree with Seko. The NPCs thing is a good idea. The wait is so stupid and it is very likely that by the time I get into the game, I would have lost interest or maybe had a child myself LOL.
joo

Postby joo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:58 pm

Dee wrote:The wait is so stupid and it is very likely that by the time I get into the game, I would have lost interest or maybe had a child myself LOL.

Excellent idea, LOL. Let's have a race to see who can have the most children IRL/in FTO. XD (chase, I'm looking at you ;)).
Mr. Black
Location: Fighting bandanna-wearing AK-47 firing pickles in Zimbabwe

Postby Mr. Black » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:22 pm

SekoETC wrote:You don't get pregnant with every attempt and it's a bit awkward mating when your 6 living children are watching. If there are only two living mothers in the game then things are likely to be slow. I don't know how old the first colony kids are but it might take a while before they get to breeding age and even then it might be weird for brothers and sisters to mate with each other.

If I made a game similar to FTO, there would be NPCs to ensure people can find parents even when the human players aren't breeding fast enough.

Yes, but FTO attempts to be a magic-using and birthing child of cantr. Of course, if you made the NPCs die out after all, eventually, that could be useful...
PLAYER STATS

NAME: Mr. Black
LIKES: Hard rock, metal, playing both, Cantr, the internet, and whiskey.
HATES: His apartment, lizards, snakes, being told what to do.
STR: -2
AGI: -10
INT: +10
RCK: >9000
Taralyn

Postby Taralyn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:23 pm

joo wrote:
Dee wrote:The wait is so stupid and it is very likely that by the time I get into the game, I would have lost interest or maybe had a child myself LOL.

Excellent idea, LOL. Let's have a race to see who can have the most children IRL/in FTO. XD (chase, I'm looking at you ;)).

Well I've got one already, :)
CantrFreak

Postby CantrFreak » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:16 am

You guy's aren't missing much.

I've spawned in one of the newer colonies. Or, borned I suppose. xD

Roleplays not really that great, so I'm just waiting for somebody really good to come along. There's one female child, but she's a sleeper. The mother doesn't RP at all, a couple of the kids don't. The mother doesn't even RP as far as I know, actually, our colony might be doomed since I'm worried if she left FTO.

The chat log is completely screwed up... and there are several bugs.
chase02

Postby chase02 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:55 am

joo wrote:Excellent idea, LOL. Let's have a race to see who can have the most children IRL/in FTO. XD (chase, I'm looking at you ;)).

F*** that! I have IRL foals rather than babies, that way if I don't want them (yeah right) I can sell em/give em away, without having child protection come after me. lololol.

But as for FTO, sure, as soon as I'm on I'll breed a whole plague of children, just for lulz. XD
chase02

Postby chase02 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:59 am

SekoETC wrote:If I made a game similar to FTO, there would be NPCs to ensure people can find parents even when the human players aren't breeding fast enough.

I really don't like that idea. I like not having puppet NPCs ruining my game experience. XD

On another note, I heard about an interesting single-player text-based RPG game concept the other day, requiring thousands of NPCs on a small map. The guy planning it has a bit of knowledge on AI though, so maybe he could pull it off. But I'm getting a bit off topic again. ;)
joo

Postby joo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:18 am

chase02 wrote:On another note, I heard about an interesting single-player text-based RPG game concept the other day, requiring thousands of NPCs on a small map. The guy planning it has a bit of knowledge on AI though, so maybe he could pull it off. But I'm getting a bit off topic again. ;)

Link to website?
Taralyn

Postby Taralyn » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:53 am

joo wrote:
chase02 wrote:On another note, I heard about an interesting single-player text-based RPG game concept the other day, requiring thousands of NPCs on a small map. The guy planning it has a bit of knowledge on AI though, so maybe he could pull it off. But I'm getting a bit off topic again. ;)

Link to website?

yeah whats the link? If anything Cantrs crash has taught me that I had better have some back up games! *grins sheepishly*
chase02

Postby chase02 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:11 am

joo wrote:

Link to website?

lrn2read
joo

Postby joo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:21 am

chase02 wrote:
joo wrote:

Link to website?

lrn2read

FU, I knew that. I just thought there might be a website providing updates about its progress, or just somewhere to get more information about it.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”