Other games similar to CANTR?

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Gran

Postby Gran » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:52 am

Peanut wrote:
GranAttacker wrote:I saw a game similar to Cantr in 3D. I thought it was interesting, but I forgot the name.

Might it have been wurnonline?

Wurm Online, exatcly. Now I only have to recall why didn't I mention it when I first saw the game.
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:00 pm

chase02 wrote:This one may be of interest to some of you:

Façade

Free to play but requires a download, and it is 3d. Sounds pretty incredible, though. Doesn't appear to be multiplayer/online (?).

Façade is an artificial intelligence-based art/research experiment in electronic narrative – an attempt to move beyond traditional branching or hyper-linked narrative to create a fully-realized, one-act interactive drama. Integrating an interdisciplinary set of artistic practices and artificial intelligence technologies, we have completed a five year collaboration to engineer a novel architecture for supporting emotional, interactive character behavior and drama-managed plot. Within this architecture we have built a dramatically interesting, real-time 3D virtual world inhabited by computer-controlled characters, in which the player experiences a story from a first-person perspective. Façade was publicly released as a freeware download / cd-rom in July 2005.

You, the player, using your own name and gender, play the character of a longtime friend of Grace and Trip, an attractive and materially successful couple in their early thirties. During an evening get-together at their apartment that quickly turns ugly, you become entangled in the high-conflict dissolution of Grace and Trip’s marriage. No one is safe as the accusations fly, sides are taken and irreversible decisions are forced to be made. By the end of this intense one-act play you will have changed the course of Grace and Trip’s lives – motivating you to re-play the drama to find out how your interaction could make things turn out differently the next time.

AHahahah awesome. Got thrown out of the house for kissing them all the time XD

EDIT: LOL.

"Grace...?"
"Grace...no!"
"Grace...don't leave me!"

xD
Read about my characters by following this link.
Lord_Igor

Postby Lord_Igor » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Façade reminded me of Masq. It's sort of an interactive comic (so not really like Façade (or Cantr for that matter)). If necessary, be warned that it contains sex.
When I played it, it had a limited amount of free playthroughs.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:11 pm

I'ma give Facade a whirl. I think I could have a lot of fun with messing with those two people's heads. :lol:
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:21 pm

Kuile, 69 - Before dawn, hr 3
Boy 1A killed by Woman in her thirties

Boy 2B killed by Woman in her thirties

Girl A killed by Woman in her thirties

:roll: :D
Read about my characters by following this link.
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:56 am

My gf's friend gave us Standard edition 'Battlechest' and the expansion 'The Burning Crusade' cd's and keys.
I'm just wondering if you are supposed to get a cd to play WoW in the mail when you pay to play online...
My old banner ;)
lordcooper

Postby lordcooper » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:56 pm

My current FTO record...

Issac 1 Desert was killed by The Unknown Creature (Figuring out interface, accidentally attacked a big scary worm thing. Gutting, but my bad)

Leonard 18 The Homeland killed by Dagny (I scored an Adam character. Cool. A few days in, killed by his partner. Player denies it and says bug. Lumin didnt give a crap)

Erdin 1 Mountain Starved to death (Told Lumin I wouldnt have internet access for his birth and he agreed to freeze this characters hunger. Came back to find he had starved to death)

Pregnant Mothers: 4
Congratulations, you're next in line to be born!

PLEASE tell me someone here is pregnant?
Last edited by lordcooper on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Wow, I like how my predictions keep coming true.

Worst part: People keep trying! :lol:
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:07 am

I am... But I don't know if it's me thats your mama. I'm due in a few hours. <3

Edit; I have a charri in their teens, one almost 30, one mid thirties... Have yet to lose one.. Or really have a bad experience with a bug, though maybe one or two around have had semi-bad bug experiences, but still live through it.. so..

Here's hoping LC can be mine. MINE. DIBS.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
lordcooper

Postby lordcooper » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:30 pm

lol, no luck.

Worse still, I got a kindred. I mean wtf, I only wanted to play cause it was fantasy...
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:18 pm

FUNNY THING: Kindred will probably be the dominating race that over takes the rest of them. :lol:

Which means that there wont be much "fantasy" left to the game at all.
FiziKx

Postby FiziKx » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:17 pm

For some reason, Nationstates makes me think of the government aspect of Cantr. Hows about we make a cantr alliance in it? :D
http://arcanot.myminicity.com/
http://fizikx.mybrute.com

KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:31 pm

FiziKx wrote:Nationstates makes me think of the government aspect of Cantr. Hows about we make a cantr alliance in it? :D

There was one or twice in past... But you can try. I stoped playing it and NS2 went offline also. Anyway I can resurect many of my NS1 nations but I am not so borred now... ;)
HFrance

Re: Other games similar to CANTR?

Postby HFrance » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:32 am

Not similar to Cantr ... but I did not know in what forum / topic insert.
http://www.geo-political-simulator.com/

Also have not tried, because the minimum configuration requirements are too high for me. :cry:
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
returner

Re:

Postby returner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:45 am

Snake_byte wrote:My gf's friend gave us Standard edition 'Battlechest' and the expansion 'The Burning Crusade' cd's and keys.
I'm just wondering if you are supposed to get a cd to play WoW in the mail when you pay to play online...

Just checking you know that Warcraft 3 and WoW are very different things lol? (prob an obvious question)

I think you can request one, but wow.. late start to WoW!
This account is no longer active - please send any PMs to my new one.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”