Other games similar to CANTR?

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Rugila

Re: Other games similar to CANTR?

Postby Rugila » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:33 am

Shihad wrote:It's less the roleplaying aspect and more the crafting aspect but the game Movoda.net is pretty good. It's fun to have up in the background while I'm at work just mining or whatever you decide to do in the game. Basically it's like Cantr in that you start with almost nothing and you are thrust into the world with no skills. You can do a wide variety of things like mining, smithing, cooking, spellcrafting etc.. Little to no RPing though. It's as if Ultima Online and Cantr had a baby.

That actually sounds pretty cool. I spend a one whole summer playing UO in it golden age.
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:22 am

I bought this game on steam Yesterday for only 19€
Its an indie game named "Banished"

You are left onto wilderness with few 'banished' people and some supplies. They are total dummies.
The goal is to survive. Get homes build up, cut firewood and cook food before winter comes. Or you are going to starve and freeze to death.. Then wild animals will eat your villagers corpses because there is no graveyard, noone to bury them.

This is kind of similar to Cantr, i believe.
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:24 am

Shihad wrote:It's less the roleplaying aspect and more the crafting aspect but the game Movoda.net is pretty good. It's fun to have up in the background while I'm at work just mining or whatever you decide to do in the game. Basically it's like Cantr in that you start with almost nothing and you are thrust into the world with no skills. You can do a wide variety of things like mining, smithing, cooking, spellcrafting etc.. Little to no RPing though. It's as if Ultima Online and Cantr had a baby.

Just joined its fun
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

5211-1.20: You skillfully kill a hawk using a brand new screwdriver.
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:14 pm

Cantr players might enjoy My Time At Portia. It's a mashup of Minecraft and The Sims, though single player only.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”