Hi!

中文玩家-角色外讨论区

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

goitre

Hi!

Postby goitre » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:52 am

I thought I'd just I'd introduce myself on here, there seems to be so few people playing in the Chinese area that perhaps it'd be worth while.

我不说多中文和我是学习快。 我学习了二个月。 我有二中国的Cantr人。 他们的名字叫懻慺扲和董坤迷。 他们也许表现奇怪。

I don’t speak much Chinese but I'm learning fast. I have been learning for two months. I have two Cantr people. Their names are Dai Su Tan and Dung Kun Mi. They may behave strangely.

Eg. I tried to get my second character to say 你好 我叫董坤迷 however it seems to have come out like the following:

1605-4.35: 你说: `ト羲テ ホメスミカュタ、テヤ`

我不懂。 I don't understand. I got my first character to say it when he was alone, and it came out perfectly fine.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:48 am

你好goitre! We are in the same boat in terms of learning it seems. Don't worry, everyone is very accepting. We are all learning in one way or another. :)

No clue about your character issue. I wonder if it might be a matter of what character encoding you are using.

And a little craziness is welcome in my opinion, just so long as you aren't completely disrupting things. ;)
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:58 am

Welcome, Goitre!

As Wichita said...it's probably a matter of your encoding.... I am trying to suggest everyone to keep it on UTF, or a western setting when typing Chinese, so everyone can read it...

However, when you are only seeing gibberish, try to jump around on the font encoding, to 'simplified Chinese' first, or to 'traditional Chinese'... that should resolve the issue.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:15 am

But make sure you switch back to UTF or Western before you post. I forgot to switch back and just ended up adding more nonreadable text. :oops:
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
goitre

Postby goitre » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:35 am

I guess it just looks like jibberish to me. Someone responded. *grins*

Ahhh I can see it now! 那很好 Requires chinese simplified, it was on auto-select, so that explains why it sometimes works and othertimes not. 谢谢。
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:24 pm

Goitre,

As Wichita mentioned earlier.... if the person typing has the font already set on Unicode UTF-8, or 'western european' (or any of the English font), then you wouldn't have to switch over to a Chinese encoding to read it. Chances are, as you travel more, you'll encounter those you have to switch and those you dont have to switch for.... :)
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:30 pm

欢迎来到Cantr中文, 我问你, 你学广州话 or 你学国语吗?
goitre

Postby goitre » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:56 am

Okay, then I shall try to stick to this UTF-8 from now on. 我学国语。 Thanks for the welcome everyone. *smiles happily*
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:29 am

欢迎你来到中文 Cantr! Yea, I'm keeping to using UTF-8 and that western encoding.

Return to “中文玩家 (Chinese)”