Do you Like Simplified or Traditional (jian zi dui fan zi)

中文玩家-角色外讨论区

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Simplified or Traditional

Traditional
38%
Simplified
31%
Both
31%

Total votes: 13
Lychee

Do you Like Simplified or Traditional (jian zi dui fan zi)

Postby Lychee » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:36 am

Topic:你喜欢簡體字, or繁體字.

Basically , I like traditional but if you have to write characters with small details for ex.歡 (because whenever i write the 藿部分 very messy when I write) and 欢 looks so much nicer :D. but for example simplified word 干 has many meanings now, so I don;t like that. just easier faster writing if Traditional but I hard to read 簡體字. But I can hadly recognize 簡體字.

EDIT: Sorry, the Poll Question should be "Do you like Traditional or Simplified Writing ?"
Last edited by Lychee on Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:39 am

I personally like traditional characters... well mainly because that's what I've been taught. And simplified... I just don't like it, because it's so...simple it kinda has lost it's meaning.

隻 --> 只

see what I mean for simple?

and also they're using one character for mulitiple meanings because they sound the same, which makes our characters less unique.

Well, those are just my opinions.
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:51 am

Torkess_theCommie wrote:I personally like traditional characters... well mainly because that's what I've been taught. And simplified... I just don't like it, because it's so...simple it kinda has lost it's meaning.

隻 --> 只

see what I mean for simple?

and also they're using one character for mulitiple meanings because they sound the same, which makes our characters less unique.

Well, those are just my opinions.

Ya, Agree... Its like your trying to explaing an item, is it 一只XXX or一隻XXX
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:11 pm

While I understand your positions between the two, it is still all Chinese to me, so I chose both. :) I believe I am using simplified input and am learning the simplified characters a bit faster than the traditional ones, though.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
fishfin

Postby fishfin » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:45 am

simplified is easier.
The following statement is not true.

The previous statement is not true.
fatamorgana

Postby fatamorgana » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:11 am

Could someone help translate the previous post? ^_^"

I prefer simplified characters when I write...they're less taxing on my wrist. But traditional characters are way better for writing calligraphy, because they're more complicated and structured...the hardest word to write (to me) with a calligraphy brush is 'ren2' or 'human'. Heheh.
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:02 pm

I think Sasza is typing in Polish? (only because I saw the word Poland... :o )

I personally prefer to type in traditional characters, as that is what I learned when I grew up.... :P although now I am still learning simplified so to continue to translate the site... :)

Edited by Scorup: A little kid had to do some jokes. Ignore him.
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:11 pm

Some of the Simplified is follow grass sricpt strokes.

like the right side of 韩。
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:16 am

Well, with the UN deciding to unify Chinese by using Simplified I think some views may have been changed...

Anyways, biased as usual, I still prefer traditional.

But, I think both systems can be used side by side.

Simplified -> Taking uber fast notes and writing long essays O__O TIME SAVING! And if you're lazy like me...

Traditional -> Calligraphy, names, the important things likes signs on buildings...

I just think Traditional is prettier looking because of its complicatedness but it also has a long history. Also, after learning traditional, I'm able to recognize a few simplified characters.

Simplified is like the chat speak of Chinese characters. It's fast and efficient and missing a few things.
Laugh out loud -> LOL
雙 -> 双

Return to “中文玩家 (Chinese)”