Turn report

中文玩家-角色外讨论区

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

johntsai

Turn report

Postby johntsai » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:34 pm

I just noticed, the turn report that I'm receiving, the Chinese characters I have are all gibberish.... is anyone else getting the samething?

When I had the report sent to Yahoo mail, it was working no problem, but I have it send to gmail, and all of them have the same problem.

I've tried to change the various font, but no luck....

anyone got any suggestion?
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:51 pm

They have been working fine through yahoo for me. I only have to mess with the browser encodings just like I have to do in the game itself. :lol:

Does gmail offer any technical advice on dealing with Asian fonts?
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Sho

Postby Sho » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:00 pm

Gmail uses an AJAX interface, so browser encoding settings don't make a difference. The English in the Cantr turn reports probably throw off Gmail's encoding detection systems.

They have a help topic: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=22840
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:40 am

I've went through the help files on gmail...so far, haven't been able to get it to work either....

Perhaps I need to get it through yahoo mail again.... although I like gmail's filtering system much better than yahoo mail.... :(
Sho

Postby Sho » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:27 pm

If you've been able to read the reports on Yahoo, it should work on Gmail - use "show original" and set your browser to whatever encoding worked on Yahoo.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:54 pm

It seems that gmail can only handle the encoded versions if the email Mime Content-Type is text/html - Other web mail services such as Yahoo handle the encoded characters if the content-type is text/plain (which is the correct behaviour as the encoding is the critical factor not the text type ), as well as if they are text/html

I've changed the default content-type for the turn reports to text/html with UTF-8 encoding - The Chinese characters now look fine in gmail (well .. they look chinesey to me ;) - I've no idea if they are saying the right thing )

All players can now select HTML or TEXT as their preferred format with the html being the default setting on the players page
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:10 am

great! thanks Chris. I've been saving some of my latest turn report, they look fine now!

John

Return to “中文玩家 (Chinese)”