What the hell?

OOC pokalbių forumas žaidėjams lietuviams.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Rossato

What the hell?

Postby Rossato » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:01 pm

Hey! Someone of you just attacked one portuguese char without any apparent reason, then came after him in our city, then said somethings in lithuanian, and used the incredible paranormal emotes:

*sorry, i came here after a bad guy. good luck for all*

and ran away.

I'll not question his reasons to attack, if there are a decent RP for that, but use phrases in english destroys the game! We are not supposed to understand english, and baddest: emotes should only express actions, not thoughts.

So please, I know that a good part of you play the game in the right way, and some of ours play in bad way, but you should try to stop the ones who do such things. And please, if you want to attack us, do it with a good reason for your CHAR. Automatic xenofoby isn't very plausible. Why a newspawn char would hate others?

Sorry if i looked aggressive.
Não vai dar tempo!!
Priekabusis

Postby Priekabusis » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:18 pm

when did that happen ?
wejdas

Postby wejdas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:48 pm

We perfectly understand the problem and I believe most of the Lithuanian forum readers disapprove of such actions. We have been discussing the principles of good roleplaying a lot and educating each other and other players in this forum as well as in-game (as much as it is possible). Unfortunately, not all players read the forums, not all of them understand the principles of good RPing and not all of them are willing to learn. This problem annoys us - Lithuanians - as much is does annoy you. Let's all continue our good job explaining ignorant players their mistakes and promoting the traditions of good RPing, and hope that overall quality of the game will increase in time.
Rossato

Postby Rossato » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:27 pm

Priekabusis wrote:when did that happen ?

a few hours ago.

Wejdas, I believe you. I hope we all manage to educate these bad players, or all the game will be screwed.

Thank you all.
Não vai dar tempo!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:08 pm

Sounds like that person just mixed up the markings for OOC and emote, most likely because they have no previous experience with games like Cantr.
Not-so-sad panda
jexter

Postby jexter » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:46 pm

It could be the case. When I started to play I made HUGE mistakes: I asked where to find that or another button, I used A LOT OF emotes, I said ooc things like "I won't be able to connect for few days" and so on, offcourse it was only for few days, when I got in my head the principle rules, but still.

Maybe the one who attacked your char Rossato was a newby to Cantr too?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:08 pm

I bet they were. When I was a newbie I was often expressing thoughts in RP and during the first days I also experienced a need to tell people when I go offline. But young language groups have a relatively bigger chance of getting newbies than the old ones, because older language groups have a larger base population that knows the rules.
Not-so-sad panda
Encaitaron

Postby Encaitaron » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:27 pm

Yeay...my 1st reply on a lituan post...even it was a portuguese creating it. but you understand my point...

Well...when i get time i may make an larger and better review... but in few words, that problem of "probably neewbies" is...well...problematic? lol...

I believe we all have good and evil chars, I have chars take admire a lot the lituan comunity, I have others, that hate them, others that dont even know who they are.... But with any of them I started to attack other languages people in a random direction... Its sick and sad!

Unfortunelly, some people started to atack, then , expecially the neewbies start to respond, even with chars that may never seen an lithuan before (its happening)... well... In those cases I try to make them understand the bad role-play they are making....and so I ask you, to do the same...

Wow...that was huge ein!?!
Your mother plays Cantr II in hell!
Rossato

Postby Rossato » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:12 pm

No, it wasn´t a newbie. And I´ll tell why.

The guy had a steel battle axe. And in this island, there aren't even wood, nor developed city, nor a gram of iron being produced. I know because I have a char exploring it.

So, I don't believe that such a newbie would have a steel battle axe, a ship, travel to another island so easily, without interacting with other chars enough to understand so simple rules.

The ONLY chance I see to a newbie in this island have a battle axe, is another old char being killed by a rhyno (what is VERY common here). But still difficult.

Well, I have no sorrow, but this guy (and another attacker) just flamed out the hearts of our people. Now on it have to be discussed in-game, because if we don't control to who we give weapons, wars could start in places that always has been in peace.

Note: I'm not suggesting you ought to do that. I'm just telling my player oppinion...
Não vai dar tempo!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:26 pm

Well you said
Why a newspawn char would hate others?

so everyone assumed it was a newspawn who attacked the person, and newspawn usually means people who have none or very little equipment. If you didn't see him spawn then he could be 29 and not a newspawn anymore. Or was he even in his twenties?
Not-so-sad panda
Rossato

Postby Rossato » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:43 pm

I wasn't talking only about him, but about we all.

I don't know if he was in twenties or not, but he indeed had great equipment in a pre-stone age island.
Não vai dar tempo!!
Voltenion

Re: What the hell?

Postby Voltenion » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Rossato wrote: Automatic xenofoby isn't very plausible. Why a newspawn char would hate others?

I believe she is talking in general and not about that one char....

Since I am in a lithuan forum let me ask this: do all of you lithuan players understand a bit of inglish?

its just I had a char massacrated, the char tried to live by begging for his life but I'm starting to think ( praticly know) that the player didn't understand my inglsih emotes :( and that sucks...
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
dma

Re: What the hell?

Postby dma » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:15 pm

Voltenion wrote:
Rossato wrote: Automatic xenofoby isn't very plausible. Why a newspawn char would hate others?

I believe she is talking in general and not about that one char....

Since I am in a lithuan forum let me ask this: do all of you lithuan players understand a bit of inglish?

its just I had a char massacrated, the char tried to live by begging for his life but I'm starting to think ( praticly know) that the player didn't understand my inglsih emotes :( and that sucks...

not everyone knows english. So maybe he couldn't understand your emotions.
As for earlier discusion, i want to say, that I know this char and I think that he just made a mistake by expresing his emotions. He was following one "bad" portugease char, but didn;t noticed that he went to the wrong direction.
Voltenion

Postby Voltenion » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 pm

sorry? what char? my char or rossato's char?
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
shapukas

Postby shapukas » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:03 am

One question. Did that char who begged his life had the bone spear? That could be a big reason to kill. Especialy if it is very hard to produse such a weapon.

Return to “Žaidėjai lietuviai (Lithuanian)”