CRB or not a CRB?

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Liljum

CRB or not a CRB?

Postby Liljum » Wed May 24, 2006 6:57 pm

If i have a char(1) that are dragging him self into a ship together with his companion. His companion asked the towns people if anyone could help to drag my char(1) onto the boat.

Let's say that i have another char(2) in the same town... Are that char(2) alowed to help if that char(2) where specificly asked by the companion?

Are that char(2) alowed if the companion asks the towns people in general and the onlyone awake are the char(2).

Since two or more of your own char may not work on the same project i had to ask. Since they really do not gain anything by it... except for getting that char(1) onboard the ship.

Iv'e been there but i held the second char asleep.

Are there somewhere you can read the full and correct CR list? I've read the wiki... But when get into the CRB forum you find out that what you tought wasen't a CRB is... So by reading the CRB forum you find out what are a CRB or not... But there might bee some that i have none or little knowledge about.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed May 24, 2006 7:18 pm

You are right, the write-up in the Wiki does not cover cooperation between characters very well.

The general rule is.....do not have your characters cooperating together, whether it be with hitting, hunting, dragging, gathering, working on projects, trading etc.

However, that being said.......there is of course a common sense aspect to this rule. For example, trading.........if your character that wants to trade shows up in town and requests a trade out loud, perferrably more than once, and no one responds to them, and you have a character there who would normally want to make the trade, regardless that this is your character, you may do so.......as long as enough time has passed that other characters are given the opportunity to trade if they wish. This helps ensure that players aren't sending their own chars to locations just to trade with their own.

So, for dragging.......similar common sense would apply. If someone asks out loud for help dragging, making the request more than once over an interval of time, and receives no help, then it would be fine to have your other character help (if it is something they would normally do). This alleviates the advantage you would obtain from both characters automatically being awake at the same time, because you play them both.

However, be very careful if it is a kidnapping situation. Moving someone onto a boat because it's time to leave to go home is one thing. But if you're kidnapping someone, it either wouldn't be something your other character would normally do (to help kidnap a fellow townsperson) or you are working together when you shouldn't be. If anything might result in another characters death, having your characters work together is always a serious breach of the CR.

As for if your char is asked to help privately, I don't understand why this would happen, unless the other player knew you played both......in which case, definitely a breach.
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Wed May 24, 2006 7:41 pm

There where three chars...

1. my first char that drags him selves onto the ship.
2. his friend (not my char)
3. my second char that also are in the same town.

And no, the first char wasen't kidnapped...

The first chars friend was the one that asked for help.
And if the friend of my first char was asking my second char to help, are that a CRB if he do so or is it a CRB by not doing so? Or even both?

If your second char is a friendly towards my first char and his friend isen't it a CRB to not help?

If they are friendly towards each other, and the second one does everything he can to not get envolved in the dragging process, isen't that a CRB? Since the first chars friend could find out that those chars belong to the same player?
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed May 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Avoiding a CRB is not a CRB in itself, contrary to what some people would like to think. Pretending to sleep is not a CRB. Just don't help. *shrugs*

I don't understand your first char's friend/his friend scenario. Explain why your first char's friend (and your first char) would be such good friends with your second char that he would ask him privately to help, as opposed to asking for help out loud?

Why are you dragging yourself? Why don't you just walk on or have your friend unlock whereever you're going?

If by not helping the second player realizes that you're second char isn't helping because you play them both, then he/she would understand.

If he has asked out loud, and by now no one has helped, it is fairly okay to help. Of course, this is still rather hypothetical because I don't know the exact circumstances. (And no, I don't expect you to post them here)
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Thu May 25, 2006 7:53 am

The first char and his friend aren't friends to my second char, well they aren't enemies either...

Like i said... When this hapend i had my second char "at sleep".
And he wasen't asked by the first chars friend since they have never spoken to eachother.

I where just asking in case if...

Are there anywhere you can read the complete CR?

Now to the next question...

If i have a char that draws maps is it a CRB to go to a town where i have another char? Or is it a CRB to not go to that town?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu May 25, 2006 9:05 am

Well naturally if he aimed straight towards the town where the other one resides in, with the OOC thought of giving the other one an advantage by droppig the map there, that's wrong. But if he just happens to travel through the town where the other one just happens to live, and he's been also mapping the surrounding towns then sure it's ok, why wouldn't it be?
Not-so-sad panda
Liljum

Postby Liljum » Thu May 25, 2006 7:42 pm

Remember... Al, but my first(at the top), questions are in case if...

The first one happend(at the top), but my second char were "sleeping".

---------------------------------
Next question!

If one of my chars have a transportation bussines between two towns.

Are my second char allowed to use that service if he have seen the info about the first chars bussines. The second char needs to get to the town at the other side. Is it a CRB to have the first char to transport him to the other town? Is it a CRB if the first char transports the second chars goods to the other town?

If two of my chars have been recruited by the same organization at different time and at different locations and ordered by another char to go onboard the same ship. Is that a CRB?

Are there a CR list now?
Sho

Postby Sho » Thu May 25, 2006 7:57 pm

If three of your characters are, despite your best efforts to keep them apart, ordered to go to the same place, there's nothing you can do about that, and you won't be punished for it.

You should never have two characters in the same organization, regardless of where or when they are recruited.

I'm not sure about the transportation business question.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”