Plagarism

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

TatteredShoeLace

Plagarism

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Thu May 11, 2006 6:36 pm

I'd like to know what the ruling is on using a symbol that isnt particularly owned by one person and is fairly common.

Say a person wanted to use the Rose of England Rugby?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_na ... union_team

Of course it wouldn't say England Rugby, but could such a common symbol as that be used in Cantr?[/img]
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Thu May 11, 2006 6:46 pm

To me, without the words, it is just a nice picture of a rose. I'm not sure if others would identify this particular rose as being from the rugby team, but I don't see any problem with it.

The general rule is things like rl flags, and symbols that are recognizable as representing something in the real world (Macdonalds M sign for example) should not be used.

Nothing should be used with the actual words, but some images become rather generic once those are removed.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”