Reporting in-game notes written Out of Character

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

cantrlady

Postby cantrlady » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:07 pm

Elros wrote:I met this character in game in the town of Kwaki. He gave me a note very similar to this one.

Those are being taken care of by programming(Marol)
zisked

Postby zisked » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:08 pm

Actually, they're not - even though I contacted them and provided all the information I could think of pertaining to the note that cited the CBR note that Deegan Quillanoi discovered in his spawn location. I was contacted once and told to stop circulating that note, so I did. However, it has yet to be removed from the char's inventory. That said, I understand that the individual who was handling the situation has recently stepped down and the admins are busy.

The other note - the one that you, Elros, got in Kwaki, so far as I know, is considered in the clear as someone mentioned it months ago on the boards but I was never contacted about it. It doesn't cite anything OOC or commit any CRBs. It pre-dated the one that cited the CRB note. The idea of posession by a divine power is found world wide, as are cults that preach asceticism.
Sekar

Postby Sekar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:09 pm

In the town of Xendra, originally called Kiii north I think, one of my characters has been organizing the notes. Anyway there are many notes that were made with valid titles but then would be edited to say FU only when you read them. All though this itself is not a CRB, there are two things that are. One of them is note bombing this...I don't know who did it, I don't care, but it happened. The second, which pertains to this topic, is a note made in regards to the note bombing. It is titled notes and it is uneditable. It says something like"OOC:Continue to make notes and I will report you to the admins." My character, working on organizing the notes currently has it in his possession. What can be done about it?
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:53 am

Can you peoples get rid of the note "List porzegnalny or -List porzegnalny-".

There is on in 越湖 (originally called 越海) and maybe one in 长今森林.
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:55 am

I believe it was determined that some other language characters have indeed pass through the area, and therefore, could have very well left those notes there....
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:01 am

oh haha I get it I'm a stupid I though that it was polish players but it is polish characters, im so dumb... didn't expect the Polish are everywhere...
Sekar

Postby Sekar » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:10 pm

Has my last post been completely ignored? Hello game admins? I have an ooc letter! How do I get rid of it?
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:05 am

Stick it in a "Trash" envelope, or edit it to blank.
Sekar

Postby Sekar » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:53 pm

I can't it is uneditable
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:02 pm

I looked for a note titled "notes" and the page wouldn't load. Seems there are far too many of them for the system to be able to handle the search.
UloDeTero

Postby UloDeTero » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:42 pm

I don't know if this counts, but I've seen many notes with sections cut and pasted from the Daily Reports/Events Page, complete with 1741-4.12 style dates, etc. These are mainly of the "Record of what happened" variety, but are clearly OOC. Should I contact the PD about these every time, or just OOC the player/charry privately and tell them not to do it (and of course try to trash the note)?
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:54 pm

Can't see the problem with that. I know some object to leaving dates etc like that, but it's a record of what the char saw, so surely is not OOC
UloDeTero

Postby UloDeTero » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Surely it's OOC to have:
1741-4.12: You see a man in his twenties efficiently kill a wolf.

etc. in a note, rather than an IC:
On Day 1741, a man killed a wolf.

The problem I have with it, is (1) It looks lazy, and (2) It's clearly out of character, since a string of numbers and dashes, and the completely wrong tense ("You see...", not "I saw...") would be meaningless to the characters. A character would not write that. An in-character response to that kind of note should be something like: "What is this strange writing? It makes no sense! What a strange way to record events"
Sho

Postby Sho » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:56 pm

This may be OOC, but it's something that all players should recognize as OOC. It's also so common as to be unenforceable. I think this is just something we have to let go.
Last edited by Sho on Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:56 pm

UloDeToro> I totally agree! This has been discussed before and really, it's simply due to laziness and nothing else. Any text editor better than notepad has a search and replace function - search for "You see" and replace all occurances with "I saw". It takes one click. Not very hard now is it.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”