Legality: Commissioning Yourself to Draw Yourself

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Dineosoar

Legality: Commissioning Yourself to Draw Yourself

Postby Dineosoar » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:14 pm

I was doodling one of my characters for fun and then the idea came to me.

Say the character you draw isn't artistic, but another one of your characters is and they often draw portraits for people. You would like to have the non-artistic character carry around a copy of the portrait you drew of them, but they ICly have no drawing talent whatsoever. Would it be OK to somehow arrange a meeting of the two so that the artistic character could sell their drawing talents and allow the non-artistic character to carry around a picture of themselves without it seeming like a high-quality drawing of them appeared out of thin air?

I was thinking a possibility could be that the artistic character happens to make an announcement that they do portraits over the radio and the other one hears about it. Of course that would also let other people's characters hear about it and ask for pieces as well, if they wanted to.

Their meeting would be strictly business related and they would separate as soon as possible.
it's a good day to be square
MattWithoos

Re: Legality: Commissioning Yourself to Draw Yourself

Postby MattWithoos » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Thanks for being proactive with asking! Great proposal - PD always look favourably on proactiveness with stuff like this. I'm sure you'll get a response shortly.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:28 am

It's still using one character to benefit another directly.
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Dineosoar wrote:I was thinking a possibility could be that the artistic character happens to make an announcement that they do portraits over the radio and the other one hears about it. Of course that would also let other people's characters hear about it and ask for pieces as well, if they wanted to.

Here's how Jos has put it:
The CR is about how cooperation among your own characters is so much easier than cooperation with other characters, and this advantage should not be used.... Whenever you think what you played might have been easier thanks to having your own chars cooperate, you're breaching the rules.

Radios currently are way overpowered in facilitating this kind of thing, so we all need to try very hard to avoid abusing them, until some better mechanical solution is devised for the game.
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:58 am

Also it is question, if it is much better if all characters of one player are artistic.
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”