Possible CRB in the making

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

cjace68

Possible CRB in the making

Postby cjace68 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:01 pm

A woman in the town of Longinazy did nothing but gather food since the time she spawned. She wouldn't say a word, and then suddenly she left, as if she knew she was heading somewhere far away, and gathered the food to last while she went there.
Doug R.

Re: Possible CRB in the making

Postby Doug R. » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:55 pm

This is fairly typical newspawn behavior as I've experienced it over the last eight years or so. Doesn't make much sense, but newspawns so often don't.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Faith
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Faith » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Thank you for the report cjace68 :)
We will investigate it.
JsWill

Postby JsWill » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm sorry I didn't mean to unnecessarily bump this, but is that CRB? I did that before but never considered it to be CRB ever, I just want to clarify whether it is or not. I mean theoretically it would be common sense of life but is it CRB in game or is it just CRB under certain circumstances?

(Just in case my previous post didn't make sense, I meant is it CRB to gather food and leave town after.)

P.S. Sorry if this bump was indeed inappropriate, I assumed it would be okay considering it's a question about the actual post.
Faith
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Faith » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Hello JsWill,

(Just in case my previous post didn't make sense, I meant is it CRB to gather food and leave town after.)

This is not (obviously) a CRB; but as you said, under certain circumstances, it's a CRB. For example if your character spawns in a forest, and just gather a lot of wood its first too cantr-years of life, and then, travels directly with a bunch of wood to a place where you have another character and you know the town is in extremely need of wood; (it's worst if, also, your character doesn't have a map for example).

So just gather food during a couple of years without talk and then just leave, of course is not a CRB :D
But sometimes (you know that after some years playing, some players develop a capacity to detect this strange behaviours) it has to be investigated to be sure there is not a breach behind that.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”