Would this be a CRB?

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Wolfsong

Would this be a CRB?

Postby Wolfsong » Mon May 16, 2011 4:20 am

I noticed this forum topic while surfing the web.

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15690

In it, they coordinate gatherings of characters OOCly, discuss names, locations, things in one another's inventories, etc.
masterekat

Re: Would this be a CRB?

Postby masterekat » Mon May 16, 2011 4:27 am

lol, yeah.... Now, would it be CRB if, after reading that thread, I made my character go outside and bitch slap one of them?
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Mon May 16, 2011 4:31 am

Nice find, Wolfsong. If nothing else, trying to move chars so they're together is a definite CRB.

masterekat wrote:... bitch slap one of them?

With a battleaxe? :mrgreen:
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
MelloYell

Postby MelloYell » Mon May 16, 2011 5:01 am

ooo good job! get 'em pd!
hate it when players do this...
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Mon May 16, 2011 5:14 am

Thanks for reporting Wolfsong :)

A PD member will look into it ASAP.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 pm

I've contacted the main player about it. This kind of activity is actually the norm for most role-playing games, and if you check out Cantr's new player signup page, there's nothing on there that explicitly states that this kind of collusion is not allowed (and indeed, the CR is buried as point 4 - the most important being put last, probably long after people stopped reading). There's no evidence at this time that they're intentionally violating the CR. Before the Facepunch group tried joining, I had never heard of online gaming communities that formed for the purpose of establishing themselves as communities in RPGs. As is typical for Cantr, we've reacted to this new reality very slowly. Hopefully Electric Ferret and Cantr II can work together to integrate the two communities in a successful manner.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”