I do not want to do a crb, but... Help me out please

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Peter

I do not want to do a crb, but... Help me out please

Postby Peter » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:31 pm

Dear fellow Cantrians,

Here is the problem: to spawn a character speaking dutch means for about 50% that it spawns in english area. Sadly there are racists in Cantr ;) that killed us.

Now I have a second cantrian in a dutch area and people seem nice.

Before I break the CR I thought to ask for opinions here.

My character is 20 years old when he spawns in an english area then people around him speak dutch and english. The oldest dutch speaking character around says he spawned there aswell also being in his twenties, which means either some dutch character learnt english or a dutch character is sleepy.
First: I suspect my character learnt english aswell as dutch in those 20 years. That would be a CBR in my knowledge.
Second: with time my character should learn english, afteral if I moved to france I'd definately pick up france in one or two years.

Can I therefor assume my character learns english? Ofcourse he is analyzing the english he hears together with another person.

If not, my character will die a slow death because I do not considder it fun to learn a language in the game: afteral games are for fun.
Not that good.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Your charri has to learn the language in game.. assuming he already knows english is not acceptable.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Genevieve

Postby Genevieve » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:52 pm

The rule of thumb is 2 cantr years to learn a language, which really isn't all that long - 20 days/year.
Peter

Postby Peter » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:23 pm

ok, I can live with that, let's see if he survives breaking the rules all the time. I'm just glad I didn't have any spawns yet in spanish area's or so. :lol:
Not that good.
BZR

Postby BZR » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:58 pm

You can just write a message to PD and they will change you char to english, but... you will not be able to speak dutch anymore;P
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Genevieve wrote:The rule of thumb is 2 cantr years to learn a language, which really isn't all that long - 20 days/year.

And you should role-play the learning process. If you suddenly start speaking fluent English in 40 days, the PD will be blasted with CRB reports from the players around you.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Re: I do not want to do a crb, but... Help me out please

Postby Snickie » Fri May 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Assuming this topic matches what was discussed in the very first post:
I'm reporting a language CRB in Reniov Forest East. A female newspawn who obviously spawned English is now fluently speaking Spanish, and there is no dictionary or anything like it in the town notes. I have no name from the newspawn yet, sorry.
Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Sat May 07, 2011 4:47 pm

More information would be helpful. I'll send you a pm
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

Snickie wrote:Assuming this topic matches what was discussed in the very first post:
I'm reporting a language CRB in Reniov Forest East. A female newspawn who obviously spawned English is now fluently speaking Spanish, and there is no dictionary or anything like it in the town notes. I have no name from the newspawn yet, sorry.

I've encountered a couple of cases like this myself, and I usually talk to them OOC'ly and explain that their chars doesn't know any other languages initially than what they spawned as. Every occasion (I can think of) has been new players that didn't know that it's not allowed.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Mon May 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Yeah. It turned out that I had misread (and forgotten to label characters, because Snickie is so amazingly smart :roll:), but it reminded me of another one that happened some time ago and elsewhere, one whose specifics I still need to report to PD. :?

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”