Prison Takeover

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Mr. Bones

Prison Takeover

Postby Mr. Bones » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:50 am

We've got a guy who has purposely dragged junk into our empty prison so he can barricade himself in and noone else enter, would this be a CRB? It's a real annoyance and hinderance in gameplay to the town.
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:01 am

That's not really a CRB from what I know.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 am

I don't know it seems pretty messed up to me. There's no way with game mechanics to get him out at all. If he had just replaced the lock or something I would'nt be on this forum right now. Should it really be allowed to do this sort of thing, the only purpose I can think of for this is to annoy other players who's characters are in the town and block up the buildings.
Elros

Postby Elros » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Mr. Bones wrote:I don't know it seems pretty messed up to me. There's no way with game mechanics to get him out at all. If he had just replaced the lock or something I would'nt be on this forum right now. Should it really be allowed to do this sort of thing, the only purpose I can think of for this is to annoy other players who's characters are in the town and block up the buildings.

Technically barracading yourself in a room by stacking a bunch of stuff in front of the door is possible in real life. I have seen people do this before, and while extremely annoying to other characters I do not think it violates any rules. It is just like dragging yourself so others cannot drag you. That is annoying as well, but players do it all the time...

Just what I think, but we will see if the PD feels the same. :wink:
Every action has a consequence.
BZR

Postby BZR » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:51 pm

IMO this should be CRB until some way of preventing it will be implemented.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:02 pm

This happened to the Blackrocks and IIRC, they were forced to abandon the town because of it. Given that precedent, I don't see the PD intervening in similar cases.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
theguy

Postby theguy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:44 pm

When the guy eventually starves to death will we be able to get his body removed so we can go in and sort it?
Blog: http://undercontrol93.blogspot.com/

returner wrote: so I could probably make a Cantr III in my spare time :P

Well where is it?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Sure, if the person dies then it will be a standard issue, no questions asked. Bodies aren't allowed to block a building, only living people can.
Not-so-sad panda
theguy

Postby theguy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:22 pm

That's fine in my eyes then, if they guy tries to run out we got him covered ;)

Well where is it?
Jaxon

Postby Jaxon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:45 pm

The Stone Knights utilize this strategy in their manual. If filling up a room is a CRB, then dissolve the Stone Knights.
theguy

Postby theguy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Jaxon wrote:The Stone Knights utilize this strategy in their manual. If filling up a room is a CRB, then dissolve the Stone Knights.

It's not as already said in the above posts

Well where is it?

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”