CRB?

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Sunni Daez

CRB?

Postby Sunni Daez » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:03 pm

Ok, they dock being friendly.. then attack after I don't answer right away .. Interesting part is how they both awoke at the same time to attack... Fishy? Funny part is they docked immediately and my ship is moving.. how did that happen? There was never a notice saying.. you see *** docking to *** ? Bug?

Who do I send details to?

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Immediate docking is possible if the target is close enough, no matter if it's moving or stationary, where as docking to a moving target that is outside insta-docking range is impossible. It's quite possible for two people to be online at the same time, especially if they have been sailing together for a while and learned to know when the other party is "awake", but if they didn't say anything (to each other) before going from friendly to stab happy then it certainly looks suspicious.
Not-so-sad panda
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:02 pm

nope, they said nothing to one another

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Dust Puppy

Postby Dust Puppy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 pm

If I played a pirate, I wouldn´t start discussing the attack strategy in front of the victim in the middle of an attack, but maybe a PD member could find out if the two characters are played by the same person, just to make sure?

I have a question myself, could someone please find out if "Heckler" (currently in Doryiskom) and "Cowboy Dan" (presumably dead) are played by the same person? Heckler is investigating the murder of Cowboy Dan because he was informed of it "in a dream".
What doesn´t kill you prolongs the agony.
joo

Postby joo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Dust Puppy wrote:If I played a pirate, I wouldn´t start discussing the attack strategy in front of the victim in the middle of an attack, but maybe a PD member could find out if the two characters are played by the same person, just to make sure?

I have a question myself, could someone please find out if "Heckler" (currently in Doryiskom) and "Cowboy Dan" (presumably dead) are played by the same person? Heckler is investigating the murder of Cowboy Dan because he was informed of it "in a dream".

You might want to start a separate topic for that...
Dust Puppy

Postby Dust Puppy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:52 pm

I didn´t want to do that because it´s the same kind of problem, but okay...
ShadowWolf

Postby ShadowWolf » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:09 am

When Adam feels like attacking he doesn't bother talking with his crew. He knows when they are often awake, and he can see some things they do that others can not. When he decides he wants to kill someone he does so and they react without needing orders. Something can easily be planned before docking instead of waiting last minute, and most people will realize they need to attack. When your "leader" attacks someone its normally safe to do so without questioning and safer than waiting for an order (and them to heal)
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:15 pm

There needs to be a way to undock a ship from yours...

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Sorry, there isn't. Options are 1) kill the people who docked to you 2) verbally convince the people who docked to you that it would be better to leave 3) undock in a smaller boat and escape 4) stay there and get killed or imprisoned or 5) give them all your stuff and hope they let you keep your life. Although if it turns out the characters are played by the same player then you're likely to get a free pass. Next time don't let anyone within instant docking range. It has happened to other people and I know at least one who survived (after choosing #3)-
Not-so-sad panda
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:29 am

I watch all the time, there were no ships near by... now, I did #3.. and left... so how did they undock from my left behind ship and dock (with a dinghy) to my moving ship that was moving away from them.. I am on a sloop?.. I thought that was not possible. Just doesn't seem right...

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Dust Puppy

Postby Dust Puppy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:17 am

They caught a moving sloop with a dinghy? :shock:
Did they dock to your sloop at once as soon as you undocked from your other ship or was a movement tick in between? I don´t really know how it works so I´m probably wrong, but it seems to me that the program doesn´t "notice" that a ship has started moving until the next tick. But even if that´s the case it sounds odd. :?
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:39 pm

no, it first said you see *** docking, and they docked the next tick... so yes, they docked to a moving sloop... the first time they docked, there wasn't a message saying ' you see *** beginning to dock' they just instantly docked.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:04 am

Ok then, thanks anyways...

Run...Dragon...Run!!!

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”